i want to convert old fulton angled incan into an led. how?...

Conte

Enlightened
Hey, how did you get an Angle-head 2-D flashlight in ORANGE ? ? ?
I actually got mine off ebay from Patriot Surplus. They have a website and still sell that light.

http://www.patriotsurplus.com/Milit...lights/Army-Style-Safety-Orange-p1984621.html

Be warned, their other angle heads might be knock offs too.

DSCN2526.jpg

The Fulton is commonly copied it seems, I had another knockoff years ago that got stolen. And have seen some even cheaper knockoffs around that wouldn't last 10 mins with one of my Incan mods.

As you can see, I put foil tape around the insides to cut down on the amount of light that penetrates the Orange plastic and gives my unwanted back glow. Black tape worked better but did not stick as well.
I've had to fix the switch. It was screwed on not riveted (which I prefer) and the hole stripped one day. Just put a wider screw in, has been gravy since.
And the stock reflector blew. It was plastic, I put a real fulton reflector in it that I salvaged from a broken unit that I scrapped for parts.

Anyway I bought the mag led upgrade bulb at wallymart a few days ago and it does not fit exactly. It will require a bit of careful modding to make it work as it is larger than the stock incan bulb it replaces. You can carefully drill out the hole and plastic housing that holds it in place. However, the beam it produces is all flood, no focused spot.
Naw man, seriously, you just take the MagLED and force it down, and it'll snap into place, staying put without the need for the retainer clip.

DSCN2519.jpg

DSCN2520.jpg

In fact depending on what version of the fulton reflector you have (I have 3), it might fit loose, in which case you jsut sit it neatly and screw it together with the reflector pointed down.

Stock Fulton reflectors by nature are floodish. They have a nice beam but there surface is more matte giving a MOP or LS effect.
Its really nice, it spreads a smooth field of light with the obvious emphasis on your subject, but without that harsh hotspot in the middle that screws with your eyes making everything else around it harder to see. The reflector I have loaded into the Orange knock off actually is a rarer more polished SMO like reflector that gives more throw.
I prefer the floods hence why its demoted to the knockoff.

Once you get the MagLED snapped into place proper, it'll give you a better more focused beam.

MagLED Beamshot.

DSCN2523.jpg

conte, that led maglite looks nice and bright. thats a cool picture of them. something about those lights. when i remember them it was in the late 60's. pops used to bring them home and although they werent the brightest lights, they sure were fun to play with. the different colored lenses added to the fun. i think im gonna like this mod. i will check out the mag site.
Led Maglite ? No, that's an Incan. I was loaded with an WA1111 bulb in that pic.

The led is loaded into the Old Green Fulton and is the dimmest light in that picture.

I'm a total Incan Guy! My Orange Knockoff is currently running an HPR51 bulb @ 6 Watts, with a 2x18650 Li-Ion battery Stick.
Puts out the Lumens of a 6D Mag Stock (in theory).

DSCN2527.jpg

DSCN2531.jpg

The Black one, my Main one, My Go To Guy, that comes with me an ALL my adventures, is loaded with an Overdriven HPR44 @ 9 watts
w/2x26650 LiFe (Lifepo4) cells, giving me the lumens of a Magcharger.

DSCN2535.jpg

I love these things with Mid Output Halogen bulbs. Bright and warm, and the metal reflector can take the heat.
You can get glass lenses for them, with one installed, I've tested them safe up to 11watts, using a magcharger bulb in a FiveMega G4 bi-pin adaptor. (Yes you can even get the Fulton to run the Bi-Pin).
I can vouch for the stock lens with the 6watt HPR51 Li-Ion mod.