I would like a uk legal folder but what?

spankone

Enlightened
:ohgeez:I really fancy a non locking folder uk legal edc type knife. I really like the idea of a spyderco uk penkife, but they are to expensive for my pocket. can some one recomend some thing like the spyderco just cheaper.

etherealshade

Enlightened
Non locking, sub 3 inch folders are UK legal, although you should still be careful about carrying them around without justification. In that category though, are almost all 'swiss army' style knives, which make great EDC knives if that's your sort of style.

A useful site is Heinnie Haynes; they have an entire category of UK legal carry knives, so you can have a browse through that and see what you might like.

spankone

Enlightened
:thumbsup:

I've already got 4 sak and was after some thing abit different. I'll check the link out

carrot

Flashaholic
Check out the new Spyderco Lightweight UK, which should be coming out this or next month, they are the same design as the regular UK but made of FRN and with cheaper steel. Price will be well under $50 and made at Spyderco's Golden facility.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a UKPK with custom CF scales, but living in a urban area I don't take it out much due to Joe Blogs perception of how big it looks.

If you really like the UKPK them wait for the new cheap one to come out.

But there are many knives that suit being a UK EDC.....

For the cheapest UK EDC made by spyderco you need to buy a little Bug for your keys.

Another cheap and good knife is a svord peasant friction folder

If you want really cheap go for a SAK solo at 7dayshop.com or the SAK Soldier. I had the soldier for about a year, great little knife, then went on a camping holiday with my family and my sister. My sister ended up keeping the soldier!

Let us know what you go for?

Meganoggin

Enlightened
They also make the Honeybee (a bit bigger) and another new one larger still (name escapes me), but all UK legal.

On a side note I have a UKPK and a Bob T slipit and they are both excellent. I honestly wouldn't have thought about dropping that kind of cash on a penknife until I had a chance to play with one (thanks CDosRun). They are amazing quality and just feel perfect. I now carry one everywhere
The new lightweight UKPK looks like a real winner - I can't wait

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must get one of those Spyderco Bugs! Out of stock ATM sadly.

Essexman :wave:

Like this one.

SpydercoBug.jpg

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's some pics of my UK legal EDC's

Small single blade SAK modded with Ti scales.
DSCF2061.jpg

Bug (as above) and SOG micron ?
DSCF2152.jpg

My Carbon fibre UKPK
DSCF2158.jpg

TW Ablett made in sheffield
DSCF2229.jpg

Old penknife gifted to me from a gent at work (because he thought I have too many modern knives)
DSCF2225.jpg

I saved the best til last, a custom Russell White slipjoint. Sorry to say I don't own this gem, it was on loan for a few weeks. A fantastic little gentlemans folder with great workmanship hand made by Russ in sheffield. If anyone it taken by his work he can be contacted on the britshblades.com forum.
DSCF2461.jpg
DSCF2463.jpg

DSCF2464.jpg
DSCF2452.jpg

mon90ey

Newly Enlightened
Not exactly sure what the UK legal limits are, however, a Gerber L.S.T. magnum Jr. just might fit the bill. 420 Stainless plain or serratted blade that's easy to sharpen, light as air, and grown men have been known to dress whole elk with them, wipe them off and put them away in their pockets. They're made in USA. Just a thought...Here's a link...................

http://www.gerbergear.com/index.php/product/id/194

Last edited:

Yavox

Enlightened
:ohgeez:I really fancy a non locking folder uk legal edc type knife. I really like the idea of a spyderco uk penkife, but they are to expensive for my pocket. can some one recomend some thing like the spyderco just cheaper.

Why do you really need an UK legal folder? Is there anything really serious that can happen if the police catches you with an non-legal one (except from asking why you have such a knife and babbling about not doing it again)? Has it ever happened in UK that somebody with no criminal record and not looking/talking like a person obviously able of doing something wrong has suffered any consequences due to having a knife?

I am by no means questioning the idea of having something legal, just asking out of curiosity...