IDC: which do you Carry at home, InDoors?

jimboutilier

Enlightened
Re: IDC: Which do you carry at home, indoors?

you guys amaze me. these are all bigger than 1xAAA lights. my pants pockets are tight, yours must be baggy by now :thumbsup:
sure i have lots of lights at arm's reach too. but carrying around 24/7 (except for sleeping in bed)? only 1xAAA with key ring and very few basic keys: my right pants pocket is never empty! i even take a light (1xAA) to the shower. wanna see the hair i lost.

Very interesting your shares, thanks!! :wave:

As I mostly wear jeans or pleated chino's (5 pocket) there is usually lots of pocket room, and clips help a lot (as you can easily share a loose and clipped item in a pocket). I also wear a belt which helps manage any weight and provides capacity for other items. Typically I have a phone in a pouch in one pocket, my wallet in another, an EDC light clipped in another, and an EDC knife clipped in another. Keys are usually loose in the bottom of the EDC knife pocket. I try and stick to compact, lightweight versions of regular carry items so its not a lot of weight or bulk (to me). And as items are distributed across 4-5 pockets and a belt, I don't look like a potato smuggler or anything. :sssh:

I do have some AAA lights - my favorite being a Fenix LD01, with three reasonable light levels for mundane tasks and modest duration. But the crop of single AA or CR123 lights available today offer a lot more flexability with more range, intensity, and duration without being a lot larger or heavier. Everything is a compromise and for me these single celled wonders are the sweet spot - indoors or out.

sinnyc

Newly Enlightened

I always have an L3 Illumination L10 Nichia in my pocket right up until I get ready for bed. Until I got that light I'd pull my SWM V11R (my standard EDC) out of its belt holster when I got home from work and pocket that one for around the house.

jamesmyname

Newly Enlightened

I'm an apartment dweller, so I don't have much space. A flashlight is never more than a room away. I've taken to leaving lights around the place. For instance, I keep one in the dark kitchen cupboard, one on the nightstand, my EDC out in the key bowl in the living room, and all my other lights in the spare bedroom / office.

Toons

Newly Enlightened

Zebralight SC 51 for home pocket carry rotated with a Fenix EO1 with a diffused beam. Always handy is a my old CPF edition Safe-Lite. All of these are powered by batteries pulled from other devices (smoke detector) /lights at the end of there life cycles. As my battery management becomes better I use Eneloops. Neanderthal trying to be green :D

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mcgizmo sapphire is on a Belt loop, and if I'm wearing pants, it's on me (other than suit pants at work, when its a Aeon, in which case it's replaced when I change in the evening). I also USUALLY have a bigger light (rotary 200) with me as well at home.

GTiger

Newly Enlightened

Since I've been into lights again recently, been clipping my PD32UE to waistband (set to low or medium). The extra power came in nice last night when wife let the dog out an reported a pair of eyes shining back at her. Whipped out the PD32UE, bumped up the power and could easily identify the cat at the back corner of the yard.

Ezeriel

Enlightened

Hypetac P1A... I don't even know how many years I've been carrying it, but at this point I should get 4 more... just incase :thumbsup::rock:

Waymed

Newly Enlightened

I like to use a holster on my belt.
I rotate between a Zebra sc600 mk2 and a Klaurus ST2c. (I purchased seperate holsters for each one).

I have only have had the Klaurus about a month, but the selection of outputs and the hidden strobe (and the simple UI) covers all my bases.

LightOnAHill

Newly Enlightened

Since I've been into lights again recently, been clipping my PD32UE to waistband (set to low or medium). The extra power came in nice last night when wife let the dog out an reported a pair of eyes shining back at her. Whipped out the PD32UE, bumped up the power and could easily identify the cat at the back corner of the yard.

those evil cats.......

Mr. Shawn

Enlightened
In my left pocket, a ThruNite T10 with a Streamlight Stylus Pro clip stretched to fit it; a Spyderco Calypso Jr. or Cricket in my right pocket; and a Photon Freedom around my neck.

Last edited:

ganymede

Enlightened
I don't carry any light around the house, plenty of lights scattered all over the house within arm's reach, that is of course not including those that are hidden from wife's view. :grin2:

LedTed

Enlightened
While at home, I keep a NiteCore D11 V2 clipped to my front left pocket or on my night stand.

ThirstyTurtle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I "EDC" a Trust Fire Mini-01 with IMR16340 on my keychain but once I come home and take my keys out if my pocket I always clip on my ZL SC52.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2