• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

I'll be first to post

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Re: I\'ll be first to post

Mut,
Initially I hope to concentrate on building the Aleph LE's (Light Engines) and bundling them in complete packages so I can get some of the Aluminium out of my garage and hopefully some of the green stuff to throw at the credit card companies. I will of course be making the LE's as separate builds as well and probably more so as time goes on. I am really hoping that as the parts finally are all here, plated and then on my shelf or Wayne's that I will be able to spend some time actually at the bench making stuff out of these parts! Currently I am spending way too much time away from the bench. I also hope that this forum will provide answers for those interested so I don't find myself at the computer or on the phone as much as has been the case in the last month. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

EDIT:

Flashlight, if I can get the parts to Wayne and Cindy, I would like to think I have done my *part*. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif If you would like to see some changes or clarification on the shoppe, please take this up with them. Like me, Wayne has nothing but idle free time on his hands and I am sure he will get on any suggestions that are brought up to him. Just joking but I agree and so does he that there is room and need for improvement and clarification! We are always throwing monkey wrenches into eachothers priority lists! In fact I think he took mine away with him! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, thanks Darrell. I'll go hug a tree in penitence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif Oops, drifted again..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Mr. Blue

Enlightened

Don,

marry me?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

Hi there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Is it a new forum or what /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Congratulations Don /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Ok, please keep me one complete black aleph CPF special number 007 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic

From the deepest bottom of my heart I wish you luck and prosperity with your new home, dear Don ! It was about time you got movin' on this one!

And I wish me some Aleph lights soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif, too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bernhard

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:

Flashlight, if I can get the parts to Wayne and Cindy, I would like to think I have done my *part*. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif If you would like to see some changes or clarification on the shoppe, please take this up with them. Like me, Wayne has nothing but idle free time on his hands and I am sure he will get on any suggestions that are brought up to him. Just joking but I agree and so does he that there is room and need for improvement and clarification! We are always throwing monkey wrenches into eachothers priority lists! In fact I think he took mine away with him! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, actually I did post a similar comment at Wayne's forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

By the way Don, are those tritium vials around the emitter in this photo? Any idea on how they'll react to prolonged &/or repeated high heat & light levels? Obiviously, as they don't require light source to charge them up for them to glow, I guess you put them there for the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif factor? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

H3-LED.jpg

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

What is it with the 'maximum time exceeded' for editing? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Don, did Wayne take your monkey wrench or priority list away with him? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic

In general:
Thanks Guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

In specific:

Larry, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

flashlight,

Yes those are tritium vials and I doubt very much that either the level of photons or phonons will have any ill effect on them. These are small vials and having the reflctor close at hand provides a means of broadcasting their light in a more concentrated manner. The light is very easy to find if you happen to be looking at the front end of it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If you hold your hand close to the front, there is actually a focused round beam of light coming out.

OK, bottom line, in the dark, the think looks really cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don,

All you need now is a web page to collect orders and $!

BTW do you remember the last time you had "spare time"?

Don't work too hard my friend.

Aloha

Brian

McGizmo

Flashaholic

Thanks Brian! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tyler, I think I'll just talk about all this stuff and never get around to actually making any of it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif Just joking. I hadn't really given it a lot of thought but I will probably just post my offers here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif It would seem for continuity sake as well as minimizing the clutter that my sales should be here. I am open to comments on this subject.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Don, way to go on getting your own section, it will be easeier for all to access your latest and greatest from one place. As mentioned earlier, I'm in for the Aleph with the 1" od head.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
tylerdurden said:
Actually, I kinda like your idea about not selling anything. You could spend more time making cool stuff, and I wouldn't spend so much money. :p

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with tyler - boy could I save a bunch of money. How about it Don - no sales, you just keep spending money on R&D - save us all a bunch of money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif