Impressed with the L0P SE

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been a while since I was impressed with a keychain sized light. Not since the Photon Microlight II have I been impressed with one enough to put it on my own keychain. I wanted a light for my cabin keys so I tried the L0P SE and it is impressive indeed.

A bit too long for my car/home key ring, this is strictly a personal feeling as I know others like it for that. I don't like something that can swing and hit the column which this could, this little light makes a perfect keychain for other keys for me though. Small enough to be unobtrusive in the pocket is the key here, to me.

The low level is very useable, the higher levels are impressive and can be handy. The runtimes listed in reviews are good for such performance in a 1 AAA small light. The finish is excellant. I hope it's durability is as good as everything else I see about it.

I am definitly impressed so far :).

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love mine as well... I have been able to resist the L0D which is a newer verison, and I hope to be able to resist the L0Dce (cree version) when it comes out. But it will be brighter with better runtime... Tough to turn away from! Great value in a small light. Lives on my keychain and my Orb Raw NS Cree lives in my watch pocket.

Bill97z

Newly Enlightened
I just got my L0P SE today. Nice light, and good build quality. I like the 3 levels of usage, very usable.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
It is a sweet little light. I've been carrying it by itself in a pocket and don't see any wear yet. I think the anodizing is better than the E0. As much as I like it, I'll still probably have to try the L0Dce when it's available.

Geoff

Bill97z

Newly Enlightened
How the heck do you get the keyring on it? I am afraid I will scratch off the finish.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bill97z said:
How the heck do you get the keyring on it? I am afraid I will scratch off the finish.

I had the same worry, but I've solved it - you need to be careful but heres how I did it:

Take a flatblade screwdriver - a sharp one but also quite wide. Push it between the coils on the split ring until it fits in nicely, then rotate it to open the split ring. Carefully slide the split ring into the hole on the L0P SE until it's fully in, then you can rotate the ring around until it's fully on and remove the screwdriver.

Works, but fiddly.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am extremely impressed with the thought of the slot in the tailcap that allows the keyring to slip inside it so that even with the keyring on it can stand upright.

mayo

Newly Enlightened
Jay R: have you put a 3.7v cell in your lop se? thought that was a no no.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite a few of us here have. The low becomes the same as the medium on a 1.5 cell, the medium on 3.7v is like high on 1.5v and the high is quite impressive.
It gets quite hot fairly quickly but mo more so than the L0D which is designed to run on 3.7v.

Not sure you would want to run a whole cell through it non-stop but it's fine for short bursts. I've had mine on high for 4-5 mins or so with no problem.

SpeedEvil

Newly Enlightened
Bill97z said:

And to add to what the other poster said - it goes in the hole closest to the 'slot'.