In/Outdoor Beamshots M6|LX2|E2DL|A2L|A2|U2|M60/W,M30|TK11|RRT-1|M30|M20|Jet-III|6PL

stallion2

Enlightened
man, i had no idea they're were that many differences. nothing too critical. what surprises me is that there seems to be a great deal of variation in output. your pics, through my eyes, seem to be the same. i did find this thread below where owners of both models compared them. you had posted on their that the LX2 was a little brighter as did everyone else except for one observer. is your E2DL the most recent model? as i understand there are two different versions, i think one was 120lm, then 180lm and now 200lm, but those last two weren't really modified, just the literature was changed.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/236273

my decision just became a lot harder, but i appreciate the info.

@Outdoors Fanatic
buy both??? i'd love to, but we're not talking about Romisens here:laughing:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought my E2DL in June, so it was a "120" Lumen model.

Output in person is noticeably different, although now that the E2DL's are guaranteed to be on par with the LX2, there is no difference in that compartment :thumbsup:

stallion2

Enlightened
I bought my E2DL in June, so it was a "120" Lumen model.

Output in person is noticeably different, although now that the E2DL's are guaranteed to be on par with the LX2, there is no difference in that compartment :thumbsup:

i didn't realize the change over was that recent. anyhow, i've gone an ordered an LX2 and a diffuser. glad i waited an extra day or so cause i think i'll like that better than i would have the E2DL. thanks for the info

stallion2

Enlightened
my LX2 arrived yesterday, this thing is great. i really didn't expect it to be this light (weight-wise). the beam is not 100% uniform though and that kinda bugs me. its not noticeable when i'm using it outside but that doesn't necessarily mean i wouldn't be able to tell the difference if i had an LX2 in my other hand that had a perfect beam. i'm kinda debating if I should go through the hassle of getting a replacement. it is an awesome light though...its a little brighter than both my Malkoff MD2/M60 and my M20 (R2 version) while still having a hotspot considerably larger than the other two. anyone else have experience w/ a less than perfect beam profile from a Surefire?

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Opening post has been updated with my newest beamshots including:

McGizmo Haiku XP-G & warm varient
McGizmo SunDrop XR-U
Surefire Z2-S
Malkoff MD3 (Gen 2 ~ XP-G) & M61 drop-in
GatLight Ti
Mac's Customs SST-50 EDC 4500K 2.8A

:thumbsup:

Also, feedback on which style is preferred would be highly appreciated.

I am indecisive about it... do I like the more exposed or less exposed shots?? :shrug:

Last edited:

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Opening post has been updated with my newest beamshots including:

McGizmo Haiku XP-G & warm varient
McGizmo SunDrop XR-U
Surefire Z2-S
Malkoff MD3 (Gen 2 ~ XP-G) & M61 drop-in
GatLight Ti
Mac's Customs SST-50 EDC 4500K 2.8A

:thumbsup:

Also, feedback on which style is preferred would be highly appreciated.

I am indecisive about it... do I like the more exposed or less exposed shots?? :shrug:

Awesome shots DimeRazorback!! I like these more exposed shots way better than the underexposed shots. Having a couple of these lights, the over exposed look much more like what I see with my eye. I always try to get as close to real-life as I can with the amount of light that comes through in the image.

Love the McGizmos - it's amazing the amount of light and throw those little Haikus put out at a power-conserving 650mAH! It's even hanging in there compared to the beastly 2.8A Mac EDC SST-50. But I thought I was "special" in getting a neutral version of the Haiku from Don!?...:sigh: Did you have yours modded after the fact? Mine is a 4000K XP-G R2. What is yours?

Last edited:

s85sss

Newly Enlightened
Re: Indoor/Outside Beamshots LX2|E2DL|A2L|A2|U2|M60|TK11|RRT-1|Olight M30 M20|Jet-III

great work!

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Awesome shots DimeRazorback!! I like these more exposed shots way better than the underexposed shots. Having a couple of these lights, the over exposed look much more like what I see with my eye. I always try to get as close to real-life as I can with the amount of light that comes through in the image.

Love the McGizmos - it's amazing the amount of light and throw those little Haikus put out at a power-conserving 650mAH! It's even hanging in there compared to the beastly 2.8A Mac EDC SST-50. But I thought I was "special" in getting a neutral version of the Haiku from Don!?...:sigh: Did you have yours modded after the fact? Mine is a 4000K XP-G R2. What is yours?

I realize this is several years old but as I am new to the CPF I wanted to say I have enjoyed this discussion.