Inexperienced Stupid Knife Question

kwkarth

Enlightened
Man were the Shun's, & others sharpened with the Edge Pro topics of conversation over Turkey Day. Like when I started this topic, they similarly opened up new realms of awareness that none of the dozen friends/family had about knives. I ran out of Acorn squash and spare potatoes that people could cut.

Hardest thing was making extra careful they were instructed on the scary sharpness, 'one at a time' & not distracted, as the last thing I would have needed was a careless bloody mess. Initially they all wanted to reach for the various knives simultaneously, like they were passing around birthday cards. It was like herding cats.

Glad the day passed with no incidents!!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
The Christmas dinner was a lovely tenderloin Beef Wellington that I sliced with the old handmade from Electric Boat high carbon steel knife. It sliced through it wonderfully, and even was able to give some thinner slices for the red meat challenged members. The Edge Pro really made this old family heirloom work like magic.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I ended up getting most of the Ken Onion Kaji Fusion line over the year which are discontinued now. Also love the Kaji Fusion Ultimate Utility 6". Really great knives, just used again at Christmas dinner. Have not needed to sharpen them since I got them, but using the Apex Pro for all others.

cummins4x4

Enlightened
Great thread! Haven't read all of it yet but thought I should contribute. I collect Spydies and Kershaws and have Shun Classics for the kitchen.
Picked up one of these little belt grinders last year. I am quite capable of using just about anything to get a great edge but I found myself spending a lot of time resurrecting badly abused knives for friends and family. This Worksharp lets me do a really good job of reprofiling and is really fast but must be used with a bit of caution.
Work_Sharp_Knife_4c742d81ae580.jpg

And a shot or 2 of some of my collection;
IMG_4722.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg