Info on XM-18

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a side note, I want to change out the scale, anybody have good suggestions for a nice selection AND a place that has the required tools in stock? I believe I need the armorers kit to remove the scale, no?

I'd be interested in this as well. I'd get the orange scales, but just wouldn't have the nads to try and change it myself :D

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I initially wanted the tan or gray version, but aftet my eyes spoptted the yellow scales, the was no going back :D

XM18opensmall.jpg

Knifecolors3small.jpg

bernie
Great minds think alike!! Mine is yellow too!!
XM-18yellowopencopy.jpg

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rick made mine with gray. I really wanted that lime green, but Rick didn't have any more, so I got yellow.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's my baby. Minty fresh, should have her in my hands by Tuesday :devil:

My EDC has been a Buck Strider (Tan Body/Black Blade)
Looking forward to the UPGRADE :D

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I just picked up one recently as well. Mine is red, stonewashed handle and blade.

Love it!

Congratulations on your knife!

Yours is like mine with the phillips screws on the clip...he had been using torx in the past, and wish he had satyed with it.

Last edited:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick question folks,

I see some have a little extension which aids in opening the knife, some don't. *See pic below*

What's the difference between the 2 models? Different generations?

tundratrader

Enlightened
That is the flipper version. Some are non-flipper version. You basically flip that like a lightswitch and the knife rocks open. It is sweet!!!

sygyzy

Enlightened
XM18 is a legendary knife. I wish I could find one but even if I did, it'd be hard to justify the cash. I know some companies make tribute knives or clones but haven't been able to figure out defintely which is the best bang for your buck or most accurate "copy"

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
XM18 is a legendary knife. I wish I could find one but even if I did, it'd be hard to justify the cash. I know some companies make tribute knives or clones but haven't been able to figure out defintely which is the best bang for your buck or most accurate "copy"

I was on a list for quite a while, then got the call. If you can get on a list, and save for it, I think you will love having something that is rare, unique, and a great product that is one of the best in the world.

Just a thought. :twothumbs

Plus you will always be able to sell it and get all your money back, and maybe more, in the future.

Best of luck,

Redled

PS...please do not buy an unauthorized copy of the original, that is unfair to the makes's IP.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes! he makes several colors: Red, Yellow, Black, blue, Orange, Brown, and a couple shades of green.

I think I got them all. I could have missed one or two. Is there a Gray?

You can buy them from Rick, and change your scale color with the seasons, if you wish.

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes! he makes several colors: Red, Yellow, Black, blue, Orange, Brown, and a couple shades of green.

You can buy them from Rick, and change your scale color with the seasons, if you wish.

Yep, there's a grey:

Rick made mine with gray. I really wanted that lime green, but Rick didn't have any more, so I got yellow.

He's also recently sold some funny ones that had been sitting around for a while on the USN:

"Sort of Tan"
orig.jpg

"Pond Water Camo"
orig.jpg

Oh, and don't forget the CF scales!

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, there is a gray!! There is also a digi cam too. There is even pink, for those that like that color.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there anymore custom color scales? I have seen a translucent green on YouTube a while back.

Yep, there's a grey:

He's also recently sold some funny ones that had been sitting around for a while on the USN:

"Sort of Tan"
orig.jpg

"Pond Water Camo"
orig.jpg

Oh, and don't forget the CF scales!