INFORCE 6VX (200 lumen) review

civic77

Newly Enlightened
Re: Inova INFORCE 6VX (200 lumen) review

Does anyone yet know if it can take 2xRCR123 3.7v rechargeables?

I don't know but I wouldn't want to try it. I don't think there are enough owners of these lights to get someone crazy enough to try it yet, my guess, :poof::mecry:.

Schuey2002

Enlightened

Me too, I keep checking out this review and trying (unsucessfully) to find other reviews on these lights. I think I might sell one of my other lights and try one of these out soon

Anyways I did some research on these lights last night, from my understanding there are three different models, not including the 200 lumen color Inforce lights.

There's the 6VX, which is 200/40 lumens model reviewed here.
Then there's the 9VX, 250/50 lumens and is a 3 celled light.
Finally there's the Inforce white which is the 3 level light your talking about, 225/80/11.5 lumens. This is a 2 celled model but is same size as the 9VX (actually .1" longer) and unfortunely cost the most out of the three.

I guess Inova and Inforce and no longer the same company. I read on a forum here that Inova was acquired by Nite ize and are now manufactured in China. The Inforce is now a separate company that is still owned by Emissive Energy and still made in America:thumbsup:

I emailed Emissive energy for further clarification about their different models of Inforce lights.
Thanks for clearing that up! :)

Xak

Enlightened

Me too, I keep checking out this review and trying (unsucessfully) to find other reviews on these lights. I think I might sell one of my other lights and try one of these out soon

Anyways I did some research on these lights last night, from my understanding there are three different models, not including the 200 lumen color Inforce lights.

There's the 6VX, which is 200/40 lumens model reviewed here.
Then there's the 9VX, 250/50 lumens and is a 3 celled light.
Finally there's the Inforce white which is the 3 level light your talking about, 225/80/11.5 lumens. This is a 2 celled model but is same size as the 9VX (actually .1" longer) and unfortunely cost the most out of the three.

I guess Inova and Inforce and no longer the same company. I read on a forum here that Inova was acquired by Nite ize and are now manufactured in China. The Inforce is now a separate company that is still owned by Emissive Energy and still made in America:thumbsup:

I emailed Emissive energy for further clarification about their different models of Inforce lights.

That 9VX must have a great runtime with 3xCR123.

Chao

Enlightened

I corrected the title, took off the Inova, since they are different company now:)

unclevit

Newly Enlightened

I'm very interested in what LED this is and what kind of tint it has. Can it take 3.7v RCR123? Anyone know? Also, are the runtimes for real?

My fellow member uses 3.0v Rechargeables, and never have any problem. Don't know about 3.7v RCR. Hope this helps.

civic77

Newly Enlightened
The runtime for the Inforce 9VX high level is listed as 3 hours, their quoted runtime for the 6VX is 2.5 hours and tested here, at about 2 hours regulated so I'm guessing the 9VX will run 2.5 hours regulated?? (remember its rated 250 lumens vs. 200 for 6VX).

Unclevit, any idea of the runtime with the 3.0v rechargeables? How does he like the light?

unclevit

Newly Enlightened
The runtime for the Inforce 9VX high level is listed as 3 hours, their quoted runtime for the 6VX is 2.5 hours and tested here, at about 2 hours regulated so I'm guessing the 9VX will run 2.5 hours regulated?? (remember its rated 250 lumens vs. 200 for 6VX).

Unclevit, any idea of the runtime with the 3.0v rechargeables? How does he like the light?

One of my people just used the T2-MP a couple nights ago at his checkpoint. He said it took him almost 1.5 hrs to replace the new 3.0v rechargeables. He is using NexTorch's 3.0v Rechargeables at the moment. No idea on the 9VX (need to order one soon, out of my wives' eyes :D) runtime with this 3.0v Rechargeables. To us, NexTorch's 3.0v rechargeables (they only have in 3.0v type) are with the same built and performance qualities with AWs we are using too. Don't know after 100+ charges. Honestly, we all fall in love with their T6A & GT6A-S models (powerful xenon bulbs - we need to see more details in woods, home entry, etc. in our military missions) batteries and chargers. Can't afford many pairs of primary 123a everynight :(

Xak

Enlightened
One of my people just used the T2-MP a couple nights ago at his checkpoint. He said it took him almost 1.5 hrs to replace the new 3.0v rechargeables. He is using NexTorch's 3.0v Rechargeables at the moment. No idea on the 9VX (need to order one soon, out of my wives' eyes :D) runtime with this 3.0v Rechargeables. To us, NexTorch's 3.0v rechargeables (they only have in 3.0v type) are with the same built and performance qualities with AWs we are using too. Don't know after 100+ charges. Honestly, we all fall in love with their T6A & GT6A-S models (powerful xenon bulbs - we need to see more details in woods, home entry, etc. in our military missions) batteries and chargers. Can't afford many pairs of primary 123a everynight :(

Check out the 4Sevens series of Warm tinted lights. They are about the same tint as incan, but are the new XPG LEDs. They should give you all the detail you need. The Neutral tint he offers is a great compromise. They can handle RCR123 3.7v batteries or other rechargeables like the 17670. Some will work with the 18650 body sold separately. Worth a look if you like the tint of incans.

civic77

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info unclevit. This is the first time I have heard of nextorch but I will have to look into them, the 600mAh capacity for the 3.0V sounds reasonable. Esp. if it has the same quality as AW. I run AW RCR123A in my Surefire LX2 & E2DL's but wouldn't trust the higher voltage in Inova's or single cell Surefires.

unclevit

Newly Enlightened
Check out the 4Sevens series of Warm tinted lights. They are about the same tint as incan, but are the new XPG LEDs. They should give you all the detail you need. The Neutral tint he offers is a great compromise. They can handle RCR123 3.7v batteries or other rechargeables like the 17670. Some will work with the 18650 body sold separately. Worth a look if you like the tint of incans.

Copy that Tks for advice. Just recently that we were sampled with TK20s, and I sent them to my men down our South. I think the 4Sevens will have more lumen output. Will look into that :twothumbs

unclevit

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info unclevit. This is the first time I have heard of nextorch but I will have to look into them, the 600mAh capacity for the 3.0V sounds reasonable. Esp. if it has the same quality as AW. I run AW RCR123A in my Surefire LX2 & E2DL's but wouldn't trust the higher voltage in Inova's or single cell Surefires.

Hope you will like them. I recommend not just because they help support our men, but their qualities are good too. Don't know in the longrun yet. We just got their products in a few months ago. So far, their products are performing excellently in our missions.

Xak

Enlightened
I wish someone would try RCR123 in this light. I'm very curious.

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to mention in this great review, I'm running my 6VX on 2x IMR16340 with no problems. The output continues the same and the current draw is 600mah at 8,4v, instead the 850mah at 6v of primaries.

Just love this light, it's my "tactical" EDC.

jasond

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. :wave: Long time listener, first time caller...
Wanted to add my amateur opinion.

My intention when researching online for many hours (including CandlePowerForums): find a versatile, small, powerful, single-hand operated, simple/streamlined flashlight, made in USA that I could use as a bicycle headlight and all-around, at-the-front-door and in-my-backpack light.
5 months ago, I bought the InForce 6V on Amazon for ~$80.

The research paid off. GREAT little light. I use it often and it outperforms every other light I've ever used. Note: I worked 9 years for Harbor Patrol and had the opportunity to use and or observe a lot of flashlights; dive lights, tactical lights, spotlights, general-purpose lights etc...

I had to modify/build a mount for my bicycle but again it was worth the effort...by far the best headlight. Lights my way like nothing I've ever used and I just slide it off the mount, toss in my backpack/pocket and I know it's safe and available if I need it (I modified a bicycle mount to use the clip on the light and recently built a lower-profile clip-on mount).
I'm can only guess there are LOTS of comparable lights. Again, as an amateur in a forum of extremely knowledgeable experts I recommend the InForce.
jd

vernSL

Newly Enlightened
Still really loving my 6vx. Inforce needs to start releasing new models or updating older ones. I would definitely buy more of their lights. I have an APL, WML, and a 6vx. I just wish they'd make a single CR123A flashlight similar to the 6vx.

radu1976

Enlightened
I had a 6VX, it was throwing as good as my SUREFIRE LX2. However I did a runtime with 2 x RCR123 - 3V TENERGY - and I only got 20 or 25 min on HIGH . Its faith was decided on the spot ... SOLD right away. That happened 3-4 years ago. But I still kept my 6V which - although less powerful - has a decent runtime on RCR - 1.5hrs - and on primaries.

Latest posts