Inova Bolt Series Flashlight

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
dano said:
I picked-up a lithium Bolt the other day from REI.

Part numbers:
BLT-3A=2 AAA powered
BLT-2A=2 AA powered
BLT-2L=Lithium cell powered.

Thanks dano!

I've gotten rid of all my CR123 lights except for a Surefire G2, and won't be buying any in the future.

Can't rationalize buying yet another 2AA light, since I have too many now.

But, man.... That little 2AAA Bolt is hard to resist:

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Pro...productId=48133119&parent_category_rn=4500588

Seems like there aren't many really good 2AAA lights available, but this one looks like a winner. Just over 4.5 inches length is perfect. Just long enough to hold and use easily, but small enough to always carry outdoors as a backup to the main light. 2.17 ounce weight would be good for backpacking. At 25 bucks, it looks like a really good deal to me.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to clarify, the REI I went to only had the lithium powered model, so I actually didn't get a chance to see the AA or AAA model

Supernam

Enlightened
I just checked them out at REI about an hour ago. They're pretty cool. SUPER rugged construction as always with Inova. I think the rubber sleeve is a great feature since Inova's typically have a pretty slick coating without any grooves or patterning on the aluminum. I saw and tried both models. The more powerful of the two was comparable to the XO3 in terms of output and beam quality. Yes, the Bolt's were smooth reflectors although the beams were great (considering I tested them through the 'try me' packaging). I would recommend them for anyone needing a rugged light that will sustain high usage and not have have to be pampered. I love the rubber grip. Serves not only for traction in the hand but also adds to the protection of the body and might even absorb some shock vibrations in nasty fall. Definitely would be a great automotive /camping/boating/toolbox light. For some reason, I feel that if I had one, I wouldn't worry about babying it. I already have a SL Scorpion LED, and I think I'd rather have this purely based on aesthetics and construction quality. I'd love to see runtime and output charts to back it up though.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
there was a picture of the bolt with the rubber grip removed. Does anyone remember where it was or can you post it here?

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello Greenlight,

it is in the reviews part of this site
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=162167

I hope this is the picture you are looking for:
L1050411.jpg

I found the rubber grip to come off rather easily. You feel it is not glued and you start twisting it and after a while you can push it completely off by the rear end.

Kind regards,

Joris

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I found it and posted it in the 'wood handled' bst post... it would look nice with a custom wood handle.

Latest posts