Inova Radiant Flashlight, 2 AA Batteries

Cole3388

Newly Enlightened
The Inova Radiant series is Inova's version of lower cost flashlights. Inova has been known for its high-end products in the past. The Radiant series operates on AAA, AA and C cells. I feel that the lights lack some of the finishing touches that you will find in Inova's higher end flashlights.

yhst-93703311224345_1905_107414753

The body of this light is an octagonal shape which prevents the light from rolling of f of inclined surfaces. That's a pretty good idea and I find it very useful. The center of the light's body is black and has a grip type feel. There are vents surrounding the head of his light to allow the heat to ventilate from the LED. This prevents heat damage to the LED. There is a switch in the tail cap and two lanyard holes as well.

This lights outputs a stream with a central spot that has no defined corona as you'll see in most flashlights. It also has a very wide spill beam. The white light is a high color temperature and has good color rendition which is more towards the blue end of the spectrum. I find the illumination to be of high quality that Inova is known for. Even for a lower end flashlight, I was very happy with this one.

The switch which is located on the tail cap of the flashlight is covered by a cone shaped rubber cap. This switch requires very little pressure for activation which can cause it to illuminate unintentionally without much effort. The switch is also design so that using light pressure will allow you to signal quite easily before locking the switch to the on/off position.

The Inova radiant is labeled as "water resistant" and not designed for submersion. This holds true as I did test this. I submerged my light for 15 minutes before it failed to light. After disassembling the light by hand and allowing it to dry for about half an hour, I was back in service.

I'll have to rate this light highly for lower end flashlights. I like the fact that it is water resistant. You don't have to worry about rainstorms or even dropping this light in the water, it'll be fine. It is also a tough little lamp as I dropped it twelve times from a height of about 25' and it never cracked nor failed me. This light also had quite the lengthy battery life lasting six hours before dropping illumination by 50% and that is always a good thing.

About the only thing I found as negative was the on/off switch. It wouldn't be considered a very tactical light as it is so easy to trigger the switch to on.

I think you'll be a happy customer with the purchase of an Inova Radiant flashlight. It exceeded the majority of my expectations as I find that most lamps do from Inova.

http://www.knifesupplycompany.com/r2a-t.html

Cole3388

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I know for a fact that they did correct that. I had bought one of the original lot also and it had the hole defect. These have been corrected and just about anything you find on the shelf will be good to go. I had forgot to mention that.

yekim

Enlightened
The one I bought from target while i was in OHio was disappointing. IT comes apart easily by removing the ring in front of the bezel. this allows the battery tube and the rest of the guts to just slide out. I do not know how it could be considered waterproof.

Output on mine was noticeable purple and not as bright as my Dorcy Super 1 watt, while the beam was nicer than the Dorcy with a well defined hot spot.

I gave it to my 2 year old. HE likes his Metal gear more though.

Just an average light meant for average consumers, which is fine, because without lights like these, I would not have found my "gateway" light (Dorcy Metal GEar) and become a flashlight junkie.

dragoman

Enlightened
I had one.....not too much to complain about.....sold it to my buddy who really liked it, so can't complain....

everytime I hit up target the peg is empty so I guess they are selling....

dragoman

buba

Newly Enlightened
I have the swiss army version of this in C cells. The swiss army version has an alumium body and reminds me of the fit and finish on the X and T series. The swiss army (Victorinox) version has a twisty on/off switch incorporated into the head. The bean is very similar to what Cole3388 described for the AA, nice and white with no hole in the spot. All in all it makes for a nice small 2C LED light for about $35 delivered.

Latest posts