Inova T5 vs Fenix TK11

shipwreck

Enlightened
I believe the "MP" reflects the newest generation.

I have been into the Xo lights longer, as they are sold at regular commercial store. But, as has been talked about before - the XO series has changed generations, yet the packaging didn't always reflect any changes.

I've had my Xo3 with smooth reflector for over a year now. However, the latest XO3s and XOs have orange peel reflectors. My newest XOs with orange peel reflectors shine about equal to my XO3. The new XO's light is much whiter than the warm light of my XO3

I was tempted to try the newest version of the XO3 to see if it would be any brighter than my older generation one - but I just decided to go with a T2MP, which I new would likely be brighter than even the newest generation of the XO3.

Last edited:

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems like the current T-series should be called mp-2, because of the different LEDs and reflector.
TIROS, then WB, then MP, then MP-update.

Phaserburn any word on updated PWM of low mode of T4? (which would presumably apply to T5)

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
Well, this 1 place claimed that the T5 had been discontinued - which WOULD run me into that problem as described in the other forum.

I just ordered an EagleTac P20C2 Mark 2 - I also got the smooth reflector. I've seen others state that they switched to the textured one, and then back to the smooth. I just went ahead and got the smooth one.

Brightguy.com has the T5 and it doesnt say discontinued. Its possible that the line was discontinued but I highly doubt that nite ize will refuse to honor the warranty.

shipwreck

Enlightened
Yes, I have since found it listed at other sites - its just that this one place had the best price. Apparently they are out of stock and cannot get more. Maybe it is discontinued, maybe not.

However, if it is, then it seems that Nighteyes only offers $40 towards the new purchase of one of their other models for lights they no longer sell - at least that is what I thought I read on another thread here.

While I could have gotten the T5 at another site - with the increase in price, I decided to get something that I thought would be better and brighter, for the same amount of money. I've found many brighter lights that use only 2 batteries instead of 3 - so they are smaller as well. I ended up ordering a Eagletac P20C2 MKII. It will be here tomorrow I think.

Last edited: