Inova XS - 2 mode AAA LED Flashlight

RBid

Newly Enlightened
I've been using one of these for my EDC/tasking light for a few months , and I love it. Very easy to carry, and it has a fair bit of spill. I use it every day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

den331

Newly Enlightened
inova xs is the best edc keychain! light i got the maglite solitaire led less than a month the switch is malfunctioning already. plus the inova xs has stainless steel bezel i drop mine many times already theres no dent at all

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
2+ years later I finally purchased an XS :eek: Maybe it is just as well that I waited since it has a higher output now. I have been using CR2 lights for a small EDC so I haven't been too inclined to look at AAA lights but I wanted to get the XS being fond of the INOVA design.The output is good for a single AAA light and it seems to have a well designed reflector.The XS is shorter and larger in diameter than my Fenix LDO1 and Lumapower LM21,length is one of the things I dislike about AAA lights(compared to 1XCR2).The LD01 (head twisty) is easier to use than the tail twisty of the XS but I am still able to use the XS one handed without much trouble.I expected that the XS would probably go right to my INOVA collection,instead I am considering getting an additional XS as I like it much more than I thought I would. I will still EDC CR2 lights more often for various reasons but sometimes I like to have a AAA and the XS is less expensive to replace than most of my other lights if it is lost.I wish INOVA /NiteIze would produce a UV version of the XS.I still use my UV X1 and the small size of the XS would be much better.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
2+ years later I finally purchased an XS :eek: Maybe it is just as well that I waited since it has a higher output now. ...

Congats, ZMZ67. I, too, am impressed with the Inova (Nite Ize) XS. I liked the original 53/6 lumen version and the new 80/11 lumen edition is even better.

The new XS is noticeably brighter in both modes than the original. There is a bigger improvement between the old and new XS than there is between my old and new X1.

XS current consumption is reasonable, too. The new XS draws 1048 mA from an Energizer lithium primary battery in high mode and 103 mA in low. My older version XS draws 1522 and 75 mA.

BTW, I don't carry the XS on a key chain. I use a short, gutted paracord lanyard instead of the supplied S-Biner. It takes some extra effort to thread gutted 550 paracord through the extra small hole in the XS tail cap.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to hear that current consumption is still reasonable.I won't use the XS on a key chain either,the only lights I keep on a key chain are Photons.I like the S-biner though so I will leave it on the light for now but I don't really need it for carry purposes.One of the other positives of the XS is that I can get it at B&M retailers instead of mail order.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova XS - 2 Mode AAA LED Flashlight

I was at REI this afternoon and I had a $20 bonus card to use up within the next week or so. REI had this in stock, so it cost me a bit over $5, after the bonus card. Did I make a good choice?

Nite Ize Inova XS LED Flashlight

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Inova XS - 2 Mode AAA LED Flashlight

...REI had this in stock, so it cost me a bit over $5, after the bonus card. Did I make a good choice?

Nite Ize Inova XS LED Flashlight

JAS, you not only made a good choice, but got a great deal as well. I still use the Inova XS indoors just about every night.

How do you like the XS so far?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova XS - 2 Mode AAA LED Flashlight

I finally opened this up tonight. I think it is a decent light. It seems to completely blow away my Streamlight Keymate!

FLfrk

Newly Enlightened

I've been looking at getting one of these recently. Are they still competitive? They seem to have withstood the test of time so far. It seems on Amazon that there is a new 90L/13L model, Inova XSB-01-R8 for $20.79. The XSB-01-R7 is still listed, for $13.55, which seems like a much better deal to me.

The low setting says its runtime is 29 hours. Has anyone checked this to confirm or deny it? I have another AAA light (Pelican 1910, 72L/14L) that has a low of 14 lumens, and it is stated to last for 4 hours. The 29H number would be very impressive. Any input would be much appreciated.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast

... It seems on Amazon that there is a new 90L/13L model, Inova XSB-01-R8 for $20.79. The XSB-01-R7 is still listed, for $13.55, which seems like a much better deal to me....

I believe the XSB-01-R8 carries the same 80/13 lumen rating as the others. The difference is that is comes with a gift box.
See the manufacturer's web page here: http://www.niteize.com/product/INOVA-XS-LED-Flashlight.asp

FLfrk

Newly Enlightened

I see. I think you're right. The 90 lumen number must be a mistake on the amazon page. That's more than I'm willing to pay for a gift box... More lights, less frills for me!

Latest posts