• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Introducing Elephant II

Status
Not open for further replies.

warlord

Enlightened
I love the finning and design of the head and the thumbswitch. I think it gets a bit into overkill on the body, just a bit busy. I would prefer the body just be round past the switch with maybe some knurling and finning similar to the extension tube.

I also would like an Elephant availible for < $100 bare. I would be fine having a non working Elephant sit on my shelf while I save money and gather the parts to make it my light.

Tessaiga

Enlightened
A Little Red Dot 1 degree North of the Equator
I love the finning and design of the head and the thumbswitch. I think it gets a bit into overkill on the body, just a bit busy. I would prefer the body just be round past the switch with maybe some knurling and finning similar to the extension tube.

I also would like an Elephant availible for < $100 bare. I would be fine having a non working Elephant sit on my shelf while I save money and gather the parts to make it my light.

X2... I really need a <$100 working elephant body too..:D

I too think the design is too busy. The original elephant was classically simple, my taste in flashlights. Square bodies and crenelations on the
bezel are not what i would choose.

But the idea of a 4 x 18650 and 8 x 18650 light is outstanding.

rolltide

Newly Enlightened
I really like the finning on the switch area. I really like the combination finned and fluted heads as well. In the best of all worlds for me, I would like the finned switch area like on Elephant II with the round body like Elephant I, but the square body is beautifully done and would have practical advantages for people with small hands. The square body would NOT keep me from ordering this light.

Last edited:

Greg G

Enlightened
I think it's a beautiful light and will likely buy one. :naughty:

I wonder how many R2's I could fit in there? :thinking:

LTXC^3

Newly Enlightened
Great job Varooj!
Good aesthetics; well designed, enabling numerous possibilities.
Waiting for the sales thread. Chrome?

Alec

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you going to offer the reflector too? How much for the complete light in red as seen on the picture?

AlexGT
If you mean 3" HEAD, price will be similar to this
---
could you provide a lower priced version? i dont mind a less attractive looking flashlight because i just need the host.
This thread is for introducing upcoming item pictured in post #1
Any discussion about price, shape and possiblity of making other items can be answered in What is missing thread.

---
If you take off the price of battery holder and extension tube, I am not too far.
---
X2... I really need a <$100 working elephant body too..:D
And I really like the idea. Maybe others can do that.
---
Great job Varooj!
Good aesthetics; well designed, enabling numerous possibilities.
Waiting for the sales thread. Chrome?

Alec
Chrome also will be available.

cnjl3

Enlightened
It seems like the more I look at these newer Version II bodies, the more I am liking them. I will need a "red" one. I just hope that I dont miss your sell thread! Paypal locked and loaded.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wow: ... very very nice Varooj! :clap: :twothumbs
I would like to get one in green and one in HA nat (complete with the head). :)

Patriot

Flashaholic
I've enjoyed the recent eye candy colors of your lights Varooj, but it would be neat to see a beastly light like this available in natural or grey HA. Your design almost has a military look to it. Those colors might attract some the the "tactical" guys to the sale. I'd buy an natural or gray myself.

gjg

Enlightened
I'm definitely in for one with a matching head. Would prefer a regular green or natural HA, or better yet your gold HA... Also, anybody have a feel how this head/reflector combo would perform with a P7? I'm looking for a throw monster, but have a feeling it would be pretty floody. Any suggestions on turning this beast into a non-incandescent thrower?
TIA
gg :D

BVH

Flashaholic
I'm an HID guy at heart but FM always seems to be able to pull me back to my CPF incandescent & LED roots with his creations. Just gorgeous, Varooj. I think I'll be in on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.