• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Introducing the Pocket Illuminator - MiniPro Powered AAA Flashlight

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Let me join the chorus of happy Pocket Illuminator buyers. My 2AAA is one slammin' bright torch!

And, for us instant gratification types, Lambda's marketing for this piece was spot-on. From announcement to delivery in a about a week!

Lambda - step back to the workbench. I need the 1AAA now!

:goodjob:

freewheelin'

Enlightened
Dammit I went to my moms last weekend and didn't log on so I missed it. I love little, bright lights. Please make more, pleeeease.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow I missed this thread. Really cool!! I like the small 1AAA, but the 2AAA is even small enough that you could clip it to your pocket and not be bothered either. And the extra voltage=brighter!

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

I will order some more victims, er, host flashlights tonight. But, it will be a couple weeks before these will get finished; probably the week of 4th July. Things should not take too long as I already have the PCBs and heatsinks, just need the hosts to get started.

I'm knee deep in the next Lambda project and have to spend some time on that before making more Pocket Illuminators anyway. :)

Thanks!

Lambda

Vizzini

Newly Enlightened
I don't think any more of these should ever be made. That way mine will increase in value faster. Bwahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Wait a minute... That only makes a difference if I were going to sell mine. Not going to happen. This is a keeper for sure. I need to get some AAA NiMH batteries for it--this light is going to get a lot of use.

Anyone with a single AAA version able to do a runtime test with a Lithium cell?

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like one of each as well. I hope I don't miss the next round.

Curtis

Dawg

Enlightened
Looks like I may sell my single AAA model. I had something unexpected come up today. have to take stock of what I have and do the BST later when I get home from work.

I really hate when I have to sell stuff.

NIGHTGUY

Newly Enlightened
I'm knee deep in the next Lambda project and have to spend some time on that before making more Pocket Illuminators anyway.

Kevin,

Could your "next Lambda project" possibly the long awaited Solitaire plug-in?

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
NIGHTGUY - I'm knee deep in the next Lambda project and have to spend some time on that before making more Pocket Illuminators anyway.

Kevin,

Could your "next Lambda project" possibly the long awaited Solitaire plug-in

Nope, but those are supposed to be here any day. This new project is a tad larger...

bruddamoke

Newly Enlightened
Got my 1aaa the other day, and very impressed. Nicer tint than my L0P, and raw output seems comparable. Tighter beam on the 1aaa owing to the larger reflector. Keeper for sure. Should have bought the 2aaa as well, maybe next round. :goodjob:

Lambda, any idea how the solitare drop-in will compare with the 1aaa? If output and run time compare reasonably well with the 1aaa, I would go that way since I have a couple of idle solis around. Like others, the wait on the soli-mod :dedhorse: is killing me.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Lambda,

Just wanna to hop in and join the rally for cheering your new 1AAA and 2AAA Nuwai. Really do love the light weight and the decent clip on those lights. And the 2AAA was truly impressive and a job well done(!), especially any other 2AAA drop-in or form factored light is no where close in comparison! :goodjob:

I too looking forward to your next new new thing, and the wait for solitaire is killing me likewise! ":dedhorse:" :crackup:

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine today & it's really awesome! It's even brighter & whiter than my original MiniPro in a CNC123 2AA body. :thumbsup: At that price, it's really a steal considering the amount of work Lambda put into it & the Express shipping costs. :bow:

One thing though, mine does seem to get hot pretty fast on 2 NiMhs so I don't think I'll take the risk of running it on a single cell Li-On rechargeable as Lambda pointed out the heatsinking may be severely insufficient for that kind of output.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome Light!

probably my new EDC

Keep up the good work.:goodjob:

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my two PI's from josey (1 aaa, 2 aaa), and they are pretty nifty little packages. I find i like the 2aaa body more than the 1aaa, and w/ the clip reversed, it clips nicely to the top of my jeans pocket. i hardly feel it's there.

brightness-wise, the 2aaa seems to edge out my hds42 on max (2aaa running on 2 no-name 800mah nimh's), even beats out my raw ns on high (perhaps b/c the 2aaa PI has a hotter hotspot; overall lumens output may be same).

the 1aaa is a bit brighter than my triton p1, and is kind of at the in-between area (too bright for a dark house, not bright enough for city ambient light). but it is remarkable that you'd get such light out of a single aaa.

great job, lambda!

the only thing i am wondering is if these will be waterproof, and if there is a possible way to two-stage these bad boys.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still regularly use my Micro-Illuminator. I remember when it was the cat's meow. And this is twice as bright? Please remember me for the second run.

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, here's another Pocket Illuminator for sale:

This is a Pewter 2AAA that has a gouge in the battery tube about the size of a grain of sand (I did it, the wrench slipped). But, to make up for that small cosmetic defect, this unit sports a BIN UXOK 3W Luxeon that is pure white.

First "I'll take it" here gets it.

http://home.mchsi.com/~lambda_lights/pocket.htm

Pocket Illuminator UXOK - $60.00 includes Priority Shipping and Insurance (USA) (First Class shipping Canada with Insurance) - International Orders $70.00 includes Global Express shipping and Insurance.

PayPal to [email protected]

Thanks