Is there a flashlight season?

americanpiegamer188

Newly Enlightened
A serious answer to this might be that region in Alaska from "30 Days of Night". Imagine being in darkness for a month and using your flashlight for everything! :drool:

When my co-worker told me he was moving to Alaska... I said "Damn, now you can use your flashlight all day!" I received the weirdest look.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Halloween through Christmas is the best time for buying new lights. They seem to update them this time of the year. Spring is for buying loaner lights at a discount when last year's lights go on clearance for at least 50% off and get replaced with new lights 10% brighter. Spring, Summer, and Fall is hiking and backpacking season (A good time for night hikes while not freezing my butt off). So technically January 1-December 31 is flashlight season.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I prefer not to lose my digits to frostbite, I have had some absolutely amazing night hikes under a bright moon in December and January. Need to be wary of the ice, though.

newyorker87

Newly Enlightened
I most often use flashlights in the summer. I hate being out in the dark in the winter! I just get soooo cold.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
When my co-worker told me he was moving to Alaska... I said "Damn, now you can use your flashlight all day!" I received the weirdest look.
But I use my lights all day anyway, when I have to search behind the counter or in a shed.

That said, we are definitely in flashlight season now, although the snow makes it quite easy to walk on any but the darkest of nights or under the trees.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now is the season, i wont see the sun for some some time. Dark and cold outside all the time. And in the summertime, it wont go dark for months. But it's quite nice in the summer, sitting in the sun (if it appear), fishing, drinking beer aaaah. The day is as long as you want it to be :) No flashlight needed in the summer.

Jroddz

Newly Enlightened
Inside there are dark places everywhere. And summer time it's dark later, but it's still dark. So every season is flashlight season.

Dimt

Newly Enlightened
When the racoons raid the chicken coop that's when a flashlight is most needed.

lightwater

Newly Enlightened
A New Moon, when we all go mad, unlike others who go mad on a Full Moon!

When there are two Blue New Moons then chaos reigns!

steve10

Newly Enlightened
All year round for me but I really like the winter months especially when using a good strong flashlight that can cut through the mist and fog on them long dark nights

Operator05

Newly Enlightened
I've recently gotten back into it. I lost my Underwater Kinetics headlamp while I was traveling and needed to do some research for a bombproof replacement. Not to mention a general sense of enthusiasm for flashlights.

degarb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Halloween through Christmas is the best time for buying new lights. They seem to update them this time of the year. Spring is for buying loaner lights at a discount when last year's lights go on clearance for at least 50% off and get replaced with new lights 10% brighter. Spring, Summer, and Fall is hiking and backpacking season (A good time for night hikes while not freezing my butt off). So technically January 1-December 31 is flashlight season.

According to Eddy's Bike shop in Ohio, Fall. It progressively gets dark to closer to 4pm in December, often warm all year round. Having brighter lux than worklights, can extend the work day outside, and make the inside work go toward perfection with outside lux. Not possible to have good lux in a work area before 2003 to 2005. We had the lumens, not lux (how bright things are when you look at them). Definitely, not portable or moth resistant.

I am hoping Fenix will update their emmiters to xp-g2 (choice of xp-g2 and nichia to make me buy both), before the competitors do.

yliu

Enlightened
Autumn and Spring for me, since I tend to be outdoors the most at those seasons.