ITP A3 EOS & Maratac AAA Reviews: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, DETAILED PICS & more!

joe1512

Enlightened
Re: ITP A3 EOS & Maratac AAA Reviews: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, DETAILED PICS & more!

Agreed. I read up on this and got a 4 pack of Lithium Ultimates for my gift-flashlights.

Man, I wish I had a charger for a 10440...I'd love to try it in the A3. I mean, the A1 works with RCR123 3.7Vs and is shorter and a bit fatter. So for short periods, I'd think the 10440 would work fine.

wachtel

Newly Enlightened
Re: ITP A3 EOS & Maratac AAA Reviews: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, DETAILED PICS & more!

Hi selfbuilt, compasillo and all the others,

as promised I measured the head temperature of the 2 X AAA version, built
in a Cree XP-G and finally made a 3 X AAA version.

Pls. look to the "Homemade and Modified Flashlights" forum

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3290819#post3290819

Wachtel

Monocrom

Flashaholic

I can't believe how ridiculously well my Maratac AAA model is working out!

I purchased it just to try it out. But it's more handy than my beloved Fenix L0D rebel 80. Even the flimsy clip on the Maratac is working out. When it became too loose, I simply unsnapped it; and bent it down for a tighter fit. Then just snapped it back onto the light. I've found tailstanding to be a useful feature. It works better with a twisty than a clickie.

I don't order too often from CountyComm. (Mainly due to the shipping charges.) But my lone Maratac won't remain that way for long. Couldn't be a better treasure if it was made out of gold, and I tripped over it while walking in the mud.

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened

Hello every1 and greetings from the Philippines. Does the A3 have a dead on 14mm o.d.? I wish to mount them on my blowguns for rat hunting so I have to be sure because my flashlight holder can only accommodate the aforementioned circumference. Currently I am using 2A and 3A Maglites w/ Terralux upgrades but my hunting blowgun has an unknown brand torch that beats the supposedly 140 lumen 3A Terralux. Thanks and good evening...Btw I am a regular member of the Lefora blowguns forum.

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened

Hello every1 and greetings from the Philippines. Does the A3 have a dead on 14mm o.d.? I wish to mount them on my blowguns for rat hunting so I have to be sure because my flashlight holder can only accommodate the aforementioned circumference. Currently I am using 2A and 3A Maglites w/ Terralux upgrades but my hunting blowgun has an unknown brand torch that beats the supposedly 140 lumen 3A Terralux. Thanks and good evening...Btw I am a regular member of the Lefora blowguns forum.
http://bllowgun.lefora.com/2010/01/06/new-hunting-blowgun-still-in-the-works-he/page2/
Here is the link and my apologies for the lousy pics.... Very thorough review Mr. Selfbuilt and another cause for uproar amongst them FLASHNATICS hehe..

Last edited:

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened

page2

CampingLED

Enlightened

:welcome: Your link does not work for me (one in following post. I think you should reconsidder the A3 for this application. The size is good, but the Terralux should be brighter and have better runtimes. The twisty on-off may also not be ideal.

EDIT: I also do not see your pic in the next post #126

Last edited:

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened

:welcome: Your link does not work for me (one in following post. I think you should reconsidder the A3 for this application. The size is good, but the Terralux should be brighter and have better runtimes. The twisty on-off may also not be ideal.

EDIT: I also do not see your pic in the next post #126
Ohh, you are right, CL, sorry. I am not computer savvy, you know? Have to let some1 post my blowgun pics for me, hehe...Anyway, you could check out the Lefora blowguns site under the general discussion category/new-hunting-blowgun-for-2021- now-in-the-works thread in page 3 if you are not too tied up. My rig is all there. Thanks for the info/welcome and good evening, CL.http://blowgun.lefora.com/2010/01/06/new-hunting-blowgun-for-2010-still-in-the-works-he/page2/

Last edited:

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened

Ohh, you are right, CL, sorry. I am not computer savvy, you know? Have to let some1 post my blowgun pics for me, hehe...Anyway, you could check out the Lefora blowguns site under the general discussion category/new-hunting-blowgun-for-2021- now-in-the-works thread in page 3 if you are not too tied up. My rig is all there. Thanks for the info/welcome and good evening, CL.http://blowgun.lefora.com/2010/01/06/new-hunting-blowgun-for-2010-still-in-the-works-he/page2/
Sheesh, I finally got it right:laughing:. Good evening every1.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was so impressed with the purple A3 I got for the lady, I got another purple for her mother and a natural for myself. This light is a real bargain. I think tonight I'll do a couple runtime tests, I've got some duraloops, ROV 4.0 and I may even sacrifice an L92 as well.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast

So I was playing around with the light and have some impressions:

-Really bright for a 1xAAA light.
-Easy to use
-Seems rugged enough
-Clip is a bit weak for me, I'd worry about it slipping from my pocket
-Can actually kind of tail stand as long as surface is nice and flat, but this shouldn't be relied on.
-Ran just shy of 1 hour on high on a Duracell Pre-Charged cell
-PWM is not noticeable to my (25 y/o) eyes on medium but I can notice it on low. It looks more like a slight flickering than a strobe effect though.
-Low is very useful. Right between Moonlight and Low on my Quark.

One problem that I can't replicate is a mode problem. Sometimes when cycling through modes it will get into a H->L->H->L loop, skipping medium. This only happens if I cycle a long time, not in normal use but maybe there is a fault in the light?

Mockingbird

Newly Enlightened

I left my natural finish upgraded version of the ITP A3 EOS on in low mode last night. I woke up to find it flashing in beacon mode! I recharged the RAYOVAC HYBRID battery for a few seconds and left the light on in high mode until it died again. About 2 minutes later it started flashing again about once every 2 seconds. Apparently, when the battery gets down to about 0.85 volts the light either shuts itself off or just doesn't have enough voltage to power the driver. After the battery recovers a little voltage, the light comes back on in beacon mode. Now if the ITP only had beacon mode to begin with, I'd be a very happy camper!

Last edited:

Gregozedobe

Enlightened

Apparently, when the battery gets down to about 0.85 volts the light either shuts itself off or just doesn't have enough voltage to power the driver. After the battery recovers a little voltage, the light comes back on in beacon mode. Now if the ITP only had beacon mode to begin with, I'd be a very happy camper!

But it does ! All you have to do is remember to feed it a steady supply of almost flat batteries ;)

crossliner67

Newly Enlightened

This thing is bright and it fits my blowgun flashlight mount perfectly! Ordered a red for the wife but I had ulterior motives hehe. I was surprised it's available here in the Phils and even Jetbeam and Solarforce but we have no stainless A3s yet and that's the 1 I want for my rig.:laughing:

gsxer

Newly Enlightened

The AAA Maratac are on sale this weekend at CountyComm.

amiendoe

Newly Enlightened

Hi guys, where can I get a split ring which is strong but small enough to be used on the ITP A3 EOS? The hole is very small and I broke the split ring that came with the flashlight.

Mockingbird

Newly Enlightened

Hi guys, where can I get a split ring which is strong but small enough to be used on the ITP A3 EOS? The hole is very small and I broke the split ring that came with the flashlight.

A lot of coin cell keychain lights come with a small ring that will work on the ITP A3. I got a free keychain light with my last order from BatteryJunction. If you want to buy one or just see a picture, look under Titatium Innovations brand on the BatteryJunction site. I tried it on my ITP A3 and it fits.

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast

My local hardware store carries a whole selection of nice quality split rings in different sizes in the section where they grind keys. I found a really tiny one that works nicely on my Quark CR2 mini. Of course, I'm lucky in that my local store is one of those 50 plus year old family run businesses that carries every conceivable nut, bolt and obscure hardware item that you've ever possibly imagined and if they don't have what you need it probably doesn't exist. Not every hardware store has that comprehensive a selection of split rings; nevertheless, any hardware store with a good key department would be worth a look.

CampingLED

Enlightened

Try a shop that sells angling equipment. Last time I bought a few from them. They are used a lot on lures to secure the hook to the lure. The quality is also better.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showpost.php?p=2535434&postcount=141

q:
I just received the upgraded A3 from goinggear 2 days ago. My modes go from low->med->high. Isn't that sort of weird? I would rather have it start in med. I emailed goinggear and they said the manufacturer, ITP, told them that the new ones are being produced with low->med->high. Can someone confirm this?

a:
It is black and natural only for now. The color versions are still med-low-high.