It's all gone XR-E

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
So not so low 1 hour with approx 70-90 lumens from the XR-E. WOW

And you do a high / burst mode aswell that I guess direct drives the LED. What kind of current is the high mode at in the NS, TS, etc.

Edwood

Enlightened
orb said:
:thanks: for the further Payments.
Raoul_Duke, Yes Still with 2 Stage Low/High. With a Not so low setting 350 Ma to the LED you can get the 1 Hour. Don't forget these XR-E's lumen's (70-90) Values are rated this current :faint:

If the "Not So Low" outputs around 70-90 Lumens, then what is the output for the "Oh So High" output?

Last edited:

chocho

Newly Enlightened
Just a brief aside:

I have a custom Orb RAW LE built for me by Rob with a "lowly U-bin Lux III" and the "not-so-low" 2-stage. (only ~40 lumens at 350 mAh). :whistle:

The cool thing I've noticed is that if you lube the RAW with excess Nyogel (which is technically non-conductive), you can easily dial in a lower brightness (maybe 10 lumens low) by twisting the RAW towards off just a bit after the "not-so-low" engages. At this low level, you can get upwards of 8 hrs of light just as before.

Voila - a functional 3-stage RAW! :rock:

-C

Jiffy

Newly Enlightened
Hi Rob,
That Orb Raw K2 I got from you has seen some hard use in grim conditions walking round Cape Wrath. So, it's better to buy a new one than try upgrading mine? Are the new ones likely to cost much more?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jiffy said:
Hi Rob,
That Orb Raw K2 I got from you has seen some hard use in grim conditions walking round Cape Wrath. So, it's better to buy a new one than try upgrading mine? Are the new ones likely to cost much more?
Always good to here your Ns is being used.. :thumbsup:
The cost on top of the Raw Ns is £20 for the XR-E & modified Reflector.
:thanks:

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
Hey Rob, do you have any beamshots of the XR-E Raw's? If not, then could you try to decribe what the beam looks like compared to say a lux III Raw Ns?

Edit: Opps, sorry! Didn't see your previous posting about you not having any beamshots etc. :eek: Sorry!

Last edited:

GRoLED

Newly Enlightened
Rob,

paypal.gif
To update my order from a Raw to a NS + XR-E. I've waited a while for the chargers to come in so I'm definately not bothered by waiting a while longer for a XR-E!

Thanks!

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my Raw-Ti with the XR-E and it's amazing.
High is brighter than an HDS U60XRGT and whiter too.
The low has a definite green shift but its really only noticeable on a white wall.

:goodjob:

Edwood

Enlightened
Yup, here's mine.

Never noticed how "rosey" the tint is for my U60 XRGT. My Raw Ti's Cree X-RE is definitely closer to daylight white on High. Low is definitely a sickly green tint.

Edwood_OrbRawTi_X-RE_02.jpg

Edwood_OrbRawTi_X-RE_04.jpg

Edwood_OrbRawTi_X-RE_05.jpg

Last edited:

BrightIdeaOSU

Newly Enlightened
Low needs to be much lower than that! I mean, leave high at the 20 minute level and drop low down to 10-15 lumens. 70 isn't even dim enough to read with, it'll blow out everything, and being unable to read with a two stage light seems kind of silly.

Sounds wicked cool though, nonetheless. ;)

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
AndyTiedye said:
Can one still order an Orb Raw Ti with an XR-E upgrade?
If so, what is the lead time?
Yes, Lead time is 1 week. Cost with the Xr-E is £170.

I plan to assemble a few of these & put them for sale direct here as soon as time allows.

easilyled

Flashaholic
I will be very interested in a standard CR2-sized aluminium raw
with XRE - especially if the bin is P4 or higher.

Is this possible soon?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
easilyled said:
I will be very interested in a standard CR2-sized aluminium raw
with XRE - especially if the bin is P4 or higher.

Is this possible soon?
I will be able to offer these from stock around the 15th Dec.
I have a few special ALu Raw's with camo Anodise that I can offer for £90 each with XR-E & Modified Reflector.