It's official my Quad Cree Mag is royalty...Now with beamshots...

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: It's official my Quad Cree Mag is royalty...

Man, great looking light.....would love to see some beamshots.......excellent work!!!

cqbdude

Enlightened
Re: It's official my Quad Cree Mag is royalty...

I will try to get some beamshots outside again tonight..
I was going to last night , but there were too much street ligthing outside..
I can take some beamshots inside , but its overkill...:grin2:

Clickie

Newly Enlightened
Nice light! Now that you got that one you can afford to sell me that Tri-Seoul:laughing:

cqbdude

Enlightened
Thanks for the offer Clickie ,but this is my first Mag1D Tri-Seoul setup.

I am planning on making another Tri-Seoul in a Mag 1C or Mag 2C config...:grin2:

Timson

Enlightened
cqbdude:

Nice lights there - Great beamshots too.

Your Quad 2C looks to have the biggest output. How are you running it from your 18500's.

I have an almost identical set-up in a 2C using 18650's and I finally went for direct drive - running 2 pairs of emmiters in series, connected in parallel.

Wanted to drive all in series at 1A with a step up converter - but found that I was pushing the limits of most available drivers at 14-15W.

I daren't fully charge my cells though .....At 4.05v ea they're pushing 1.2A through each pair of emitters (2.4A) :naughty:
Incredible output though - Not so far off my Mag85 :rock:

Tim.

cqbdude

Enlightened
Thanks Tim...

Im planning on using 2 x 18650 on the Mag 2c , I just need to figure out how to set up Downloads Ring extenders...so I can fit longer cells..:laughing:

But for now the 18500 are doing pretty well, I can always use the new C cell li-ions...

But for now, the Mag 2C Quad cree is the brightest of the bunch...with the Mag1C Quad Cree in second place...

Latest posts