It's time for LED home lighting!

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike, that's true. But I think Cree will also release the warm white LED with the EZ-1000 chip (that is the XR-E-chip). I think 60lm/W can be possible, that is still 5-6 times more efficient than incandescent bulbs.

In the meantime I have designed several more LED-lamps but I still haven't found someone who can make them on a lathe for a decent price. Modamag promised me back then in November to make one for me when he had time around Christmas, but that's weeks ago now and I haven't heard anything from him.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I like LED lighting as long as it's not too blue - it is a lot closer to natural sunlight than incandescent is. If you look at a photo taken indoors with incandescent versus sunlight (I've got 4 skylights in my house) and LED you'll see LED is generally a lot closer to natural light. I look forward to LED lighting for homes getting more available and common - good work Erasmus.

Weylan

Enlightened
I was thinking of something that could speed up the development of this. Most of this stuff is more available then completely custom parts and would only take minor tweaking.

If you just used a 2D MAG head available anywhere.
4x PXT-CE that is currently available from modamag.

nflex driver available from taskled.com
loc line 1/8 NTP standard end connnector.
wall wart transformer of 12V-14V.

All of the above is available now.

The only piece missing is a screw in DISK that would sit flush in the 2D MAG head that has a 1/8NTP threaded hole for the loc line. This would be the only thing that needs to be machined.

Then the rest of this is just assembly.

I think we might be able to get a run of these plates for heads if we ask one of the machinests that have a lathe. I don't think it would be that difficult to have 1 piece made for you that has threads that matche the inside of a MAG head and a 1/8NTP hole in the middle of it.

I would be interested in a few of the disks for sure.