Jetbeam BC25 vs Klarus xt10

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
jet beam is a few dollars cheaper, but both are great lights... anything youre looking for specifically besides no need for strobe? the bc25 is simpler and just has a high and low mode...

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are contemplating on a Klarus XT10, i suggest skipping that for the XT11.

BC25 is a simple no-nonsense mid-thrower light. It is small and has a smooth reflector. I've owned one for over a year now, and I EDC this along with my other EDC, a Quark AA 14500. You can get fantastic runtimes on the BC25 when running 18650s so much more when its running on its lower mode which is enough for most applications. High is for looking at things further away, about 150 to 200 yards. Contrary to what others say, this light is a thrower, just try working up close with it even in low mode, its painful to the eyes! it was originally designed to be a weapon-mounted light, hence the smaller head and smooth reflector.

If your work requires up close illumination, this BC25 might not be what you are looking for. You'd be better off with a general light which has lower low modes.

It all boils down to preference and what you need the light for.

Good luck with your choice! :)

Over sized image removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Eggebarwood

Newly Enlightened
I am going to be using it when looking under houses in crawl spaces...if I have a light that can be used in close quarters and also to see across a dark crawl space to prevent going all the way to the other side of the property.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Klarus XT-11 is a very bright light, brighter than the XT-10 and has a flood style beam but since it puts out so much light it actually throws pretty well also. I would seriously consider the XT-11 over the XT-10

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to be using it when looking under houses in crawl spaces...if I have a light that can be used in close quarters and also to see across a dark crawl space to prevent going all the way to the other side of the property.

If you want to see all the way to the other side of the property, you need a thrower, the BC25 will suit you fine there. Just heed the warning of up close work, its a bit bright for that use.

Throw of the BC25 is better than XT11 as the BC25 has a smooth reflector.

spc smith

Enlightened
yes but if he is looking in crawl spaces the combination of "slightly" less throw (Klarus XT-11) will suit him better. Plus it JUST HAS THE BEST UI of any light even to exceed that of the BC25. If you need an area light with still adequate throw (little bit less than the Jetbeam BC25) definately the Klarus XT-11.

+1 more for the Klarus XT11:thumbsup:

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes but if he is looking in crawl spaces the combination of "slightly" less throw (Klarus XT-11) will suit him better. Plus it JUST HAS THE BEST UI of any light even to exceed that of the BC25. If you need an area light with still adequate throw (little bit less than the Jetbeam BC25) definately the Klarus XT-11.

+1 more for the Klarus XT11:thumbsup:

I would take it that you finally got yours ?

spc smith

Enlightened
Madecov,

Oh I got it, but its at home. So really what I say is what ive read, heard, researched and observed from other CPFer's like yourself, youtube and over the phone=). In 1 week I should have it finally to test out. Ive asked quite a bit of the guys at goinggear though, and they have told me the difference over the phone between the Olight M21X and Klarus XT11, saying the Klarus XT11 had slightly more focused hotspot, brighter tint, and slightly more flood. Off of that I was sold=).

But in all honesty I don't have the light yet. But i'm excited nonetheless in a week.