JetBeam Jet-II MK3

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took some lux readings. I used the Jet-II Q and Lumapower D-Mini Q2 1st Gen.

I used a Meterman LM631 Light Meter measured at 1 meter. I waited 2 minutes before taking the readings. I used 2 AW's Protected RCR123's which were fully charged.

DBS028Small.jpg

Jet-II Q5 SMO RCR123 - 4070 lux @ 1 meter

Lumapower D-Mini 1st Gen. Q2 SMO - 6,000 lux @ 1 meter

I thought the Jet-II Q should have a higher lux reading.

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm surprised how tight (narrow) some of those beamshots are. I wouldn't usually think of my L2D100 as a floody light esp with such a small diameter reflector, but it does have a bright spill.

Nice pix. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

nexro

Enlightened
The D-mini 1st Gen has a larger and deeper reflector and I would certainly expect it to give a higher lux reading especially with an R123.

myk

Enlightened
so after having some more time to play with it - specifically in the dark - this stupid little light is growing on me. the throw is incredible comparing it to the flashlights i have of similar size (jetbeam mk1/mk2/mk2x), or even mag LEDs

I still wish it was cooler looking though =)

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK I bought this on an impulse, because it looked cool and the interface sounded too crazy, had to try it. I have to stop doign that!

The Good:
- Looks! I like the look of this mini light.

- Headless mode, very nice, very cool

- Tail Stand (with orange boot)

- The battery goes in Positive to head. However there are springs for the positive and negative contacts so I was not about to insert the battery without checking the manual.

- Although an OP reflector would be nice, the beam on this is light is different than many and with flood mode it really is cool to use.

The Bad:
- Only got 2 spare O-rings on a 3 o-ring light, manual shows 4.

- No Tail Stand with the black switch boot.

- Changing the boot does not give one a lot of confidence in the tail-switch mechanism, but some parts of do look OK. The switch and the plastic threaded top look suspect.

- Sometimes when on Daily-High, a press does not cycle to minimum. Never had a problem at any other level. I don't really care for daily mode all that much.

- The strobe in Daily mode is too fast.

- Possibly the switch requires too much pressure. I'll see how it breaks in.

- The price, price+shipping even worse. It is a little over priced. Should be less than $50, with a new interface.

The Ugly:
- Advanced Mode, it's the last time I'll use it. It really is as crazy as it sounds. My light came with this mode set or it was activated while putting the battery together.

- Mine has a whine on low... very anoying!

- Mode switching

Conclusion: Wait for a sale if you can. Play with one first. Hope they get a new UI before you give in and buy one.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK I bought this on an impulse, because it looked cool and the interface sounded too crazy, had to try it. I have to stop doign that!

The Good:
- Looks! I like the look of this mini light.

- Headless mode, very nice, very cool

- Tail Stand (with orange boot)

- The battery goes in Positive to head. However there are springs for the positive and negative contacts so I was not about to insert the battery without checking the manual.

- Although an OP reflector would be nice, the beam on this is light is different than many and with flood mode it really is cool to use.

The Bad:
- Only got 2 spare O-rings on a 3 o-ring light, manual shows 4.

- No Tail Stand with the black switch boot.

- Changing the boot does not give one a lot of confidence in the tail-switch mechanism, but some parts of do look OK. The switch and the plastic threaded top look suspect.

- Sometimes when on Daily-High, a press does not cycle to minimum. Never had a problem at any other level. I don't really care for daily mode all that much.

- The strobe in Daily mode is too fast.

- Possibly the switch requires too much pressure. I'll see how it breaks in.

- The price, price+shipping even worse. It is a little over priced. Should be less than $50, with a new interface.

The Ugly:
- Advanced Mode, it's the last time I'll use it. It really is as crazy as it sounds. My light came with this mode set or it was activated while putting the battery together.

- Mine has a whine on low... very anoying!

- Mode switching

Conclusion: Wait for a sale if you can. Play with one first. Hope they get a new UI before you give in and buy one.
mine will be up first :crackup:and I have not received it yet lol.and the more I hear,makes me wonder why I bothered in the first place :shakehead

Saying that I should reserve judgement until I get mine in hand.

Last edited: