JetBeam Jet-III M (Military) Review - RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, DETAILED PICS and more!

naked2

Enlightened
That's too bad. 6 years ago, JetBeam set a standard for others to reach for. I remember it started with the changing of the tailcap design to a more basic one; downhill from there, maybe?

KD5XB

Enlightened
I'm not sure if the OP has updated this review for this newest model, but if he has, he would be able to tell you what the packaging should look like; If not, maybe you could search for another review. Also, you can try contacting JetBeam directly; does it have a serial number?

There's a new review for the Jet 3 Pro. I suggest we move over there, as I think discussion of the Jet 3 Pro might be off topic for this thread.

Last edited:

lewie2s

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the excellent review selfbuilt. I was reading a review at amazon that said: "This is the third JET-III M I've own and definitely the brightest. Love the increased output over the previous generation. 4 stars because I miss the multiple flashing functions, SOS, and variable dim-able output." This can't be correct, right?
Also this thread looks old, is there a newer one for the JETBeam JET 3M PRO

lewie2s

Newly Enlightened
So it seems the Jet III M has IBS, the Jet III Pro has IBS, but the Jet III Pro M does not? This doesn't make sense to me. The Pro M is the only one available at Amazon, and I've got a gift card burning a hole in my pocket, but I want a flashlight with IBS, namely the strobe IBS or variable strobe. Any suggestions? Thanks.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
So it seems the Jet III M has IBS, the Jet III Pro has IBS, but the Jet III Pro M does not? This doesn't make sense to me. The Pro M is the only one available at Amazon, and I've got a gift card burning a hole in my pocket, but I want a flashlight with IBS, namely the strobe IBS or variable strobe. Any suggestions? Thanks.
The IBS series lights (which were all great) were all discontinued long ago. The current owners of JetBeam brought back the Jet III Pro M model - which is a completely different light, with very basic functioning (and simpler build). You are going to have to hunt around to find a (likely used) IBS series light.