JetBeam M1X Review (Cree M-CE): RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, and more!

Pöbel

Enlightened
As the interest in the M1-X ist (understandably) declining you might be interested in bringing it back up to date.

I have the V2 Version bought in 2009. It's one of my absolute favorite lights. Switched to a N-Bin MC-E when they became available.

Lately I lost some interest in my M1X as even an XP-G2 equipped Armytek Predator has as much output and even more throw.

I found a driver which perfectly fits the M1-X V2 (and V1). Newer Models with the bigger driver Diameter will not work(!!!)
http://www.intl-outdoor.com/xml-multicell-circuit-board-35a-ouput-55126v-p-543.html

The reflector works outstandingly great with a XM-L, producing a wonderful beam with no artefacts.

Installations is pretty straight forward. You do loose IBS.

with 3.5A in high mode the M1X is now again able to compete with current XM-L based offerings.

20130511_142357.jpg

20130511_141851.jpg

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
As the interest in the M1-X ist (understandably) declining you might be interested in bringing it back up to date.
Thanks for mod info Pöbel.

It's true that I never take my M1X out any more (that MC-E just seems too out of date). But I always liked the form factor - and IBS interface. ;)

Pöbel

Enlightened
True, IBS is great. Unfortunately the M1X V4 Driver has a much bigger diameter and there is no way it will fit the M1X V1/2. Apart from the fact that its not true IBS either.

Not using the M1X at all just is the bigger downside and so I chose that intl-ourdoor driver and dumped IBS :)

easilyled

Flashaholic
True, IBS is great. Unfortunately the M1X V4 Driver has a much bigger diameter and there is no way it will fit the M1X V1/2. Apart from the fact that its not true IBS either.

Not using the M1X at all just is the bigger downside and so I chose that intl-ourdoor driver and dumped IBS :)

Why does the driver need to be replaced in addition to upgrading the led from MC-E to XM-L (XM-L2 to be completely up to date)? Is it because the MC-E wired 2S2P?

Pöbel

Enlightened
AW: JetBeam M1X Review (Cree M-CE): RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, and more!

Exactly. The old driver is somewhere around 1.4A@7V.

I would rather have kept that one but I do not think it can be somehow converted to [email protected] by Joe average.

And yeah, XM-L2 would be preferable but I did not find any of these with true neutral tint.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: AW: JetBeam M1X Review (Cree M-CE): RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, and more!

Exactly. The old driver is somewhere around 1.4A@7V.

I would rather have kept that one but I do not think it can be somehow converted to [email protected] by Joe average.

And yeah, XM-L2 would be preferable but I did not find any of these with true neutral tint.

would a MK R go in this light ? with the stock driver ? and what can be expected ? !

Pöbel

Enlightened
Update

with 3,5A driver and dedomed XP-G2 on Sinkpad my M1X now reaches 160klux/1m

the old lady can again keep up with commercial throwers you can buy nowadays!

@zs&tas
MK-R would not be a good idea. First is too big and second it would be way underdriven. the m1x would have less throw than with mce but a bit more Lumens

Last edited:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update

with 3,5A driver and dedomed XP-G2 on Sinkpad my M1X now reaches 160klux/1m

the old lady can again keep up with commercial throwers you can buy nowadays!

@zs&tas
MK-R would not be a good idea. First is too big and second it would be way underdriven. the m1x would have less throw than with mce but a bit more Lumens

ahh ok thanks, how is the mce wired up in the m1x then ? i guessed the voltage would be too much to put in the xp g2

nags

Newly Enlightened
I know I'm digging deep here but just found my JetBeam in the closet and was wondering if anyone was still running one and if there's any new upgrades for 'em.