JetBeam PC10, PC20 (XM-L) and PA20 (XP-G) Mini-review: VIDEO, PICS, MAX RUNTIMES

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Hello all! I'm new to the forum, just bought a jetbeam PC10 and I have at all clear that battery use.
I thought the Solarforce v2 880mAh,was a good choice (I now question of what will be worth its long longitude?)
and seen a model 700mAh AW IMR 18350 cell you know if this will be compatible with the PC10? Or has too many amps? pardon my English. thanks for your attention. regards
I don't have any 18350 on hand at the moment, so don't know if they fit. Also haven't tested any solarforce batteries, so don't know what their performance are like. I recommend you check with the experts in the battery subforum.

As for the current drain, IMR is actually rated to handle a higher power draw. But in this case, I found standard ICR chemistry (i.e. typical 3.7V Li-ion 16340 protected cells) to have acceptble runtimes, indicating reasonable power draw on the PC10. Certainly no problem to use IMR (except for the lack of protection circuts, so you have to be careful to over-draining and damaging the cells).

Again, check in with battery subforum for more info. And :welcome:

flashflood

Enlightened
I don't have any 18350 on hand at the moment, so don't know if they fit. Also haven't tested any solarforce batteries, so don't know what their performance are like. I recommend you check with the experts in the battery subforum.

As for the current drain, IMR is actually rated to handle a higher power draw. But in this case, I found standard ICR chemistry (i.e. typical 3.7V Li-ion 16340 protected cells) to have acceptble runtimes, indicating reasonable power draw on the PC10. Certainly no problem to use IMR (except for the lack of protection circuts, so you have to be careful to over-draining and damaging the cells).

Again, check in with battery subforum for more info. And :welcome:

Just got my PC10 in the mail today. 18350 does not fit. :(

However, I can confirm that all flavors of CR123/16xxx cells fit and work just fine -- lithium, ICR, IMR, LiFePO4.

_Jose

Newly Enlightened
ok thanks! I think not worth solarforcer due to its longitude...
so I just ordered an AW IMR and 1 AW RCR.
when I arrive I will comment batteries my opinions. regards

_Jose

Newly Enlightened
hello! not be correct if you put this here, but let me know is asymptomatic, the case is to buy two units of jetbeam PC10, one was to give to a family but he wants other and*and so decided to sell it, its status is new, unused! I leave the link of a flashlight and batteries Solarforce v2:

links removed. Use the market place good deals forum for such links.

thanks for your attention! if this should go here correct me'

Last edited by a moderator:

frankdeckard03

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone,

Selfbuilt, out of the picture shown with the Duracell CR123A, which of your flashlights do you find the best overall for daily use? I am trying to decide which light to go with (that has a clip for front or back pocket carry). Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the great review.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Selfbuilt, out of the picture shown with the Duracell CR123A, which of your flashlights do you find the best overall for daily use? I am trying to decide which light to go with (that has a clip for front or back pocket carry). Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the great review.
Battery questions are most appropriate in the flashlight electronics/batteries included subforum. But since you asked ...

I posted a couple of comparisons of various brands of cells back in 2009 - one on CR123As specifically and one shoot-out more generally (but also includes CR123A data).

Since that time, I have continued to test batteries, and have come to the conclusion there is little runtime difference between equivalent batches of all of the made-in-the-USA brands. There are a couple of good made-in-China cells sold by USA-based companies that have nearly as good performance (see that first review). I would avoid all other cheaper China-made batteries, due to lower capacity and safety concerns.

On that latter point, I have also had some limited experience suggesting that the PTC safety circuits of made-in-the-USA cells trip earlier than the quality made-in-China cells - see this discussion thread. It is debatable which of these conditions is "preferable", but I would personally recommend erring on the side of caution and sticking with the USA cells when possible. I would note that there are vendors here who sell USA-made batteries for not that much more than the cheaper China-brands.

Last edited:

bladesmith3

Enlightened
i just read this thread so i had to break out my pc10 and check for the square artifacts in the beam on a white wall.
several people are here and there is no hint of any shadows or squaring of the spill beam.
just my 2 cents.

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is slightly disappointed
The mode selection for RCR available instead of none stated by the manual but seems it comes with luck
I havnt learn how to control it fluently yet.

Over-claimed brightness

Other than these two, this could be a good one
But currently, its over priced IMO

Last edited:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
A major issue with the light, installing and removing the clip chips the light too easily, i already got lotta dings on the edge where the clip clips
Also, when changing between daily mode and tact. mode, the clip scratches the bezel badly
Luckily this would be my junkie light(being abused hard with EDC) so idga* about this, at least its a Jetpimp only, for SF ;)

gkbain

Newly Enlightened
I know it's been over a year since these lights were tested but I just got my PC 10 a couple of weeks ago. I did a lot of reading before purchase. I also own the BC 10 and the Nitecore MT1C. The big thing I like about the PC 10 is the low lumens (about 2) with an RCR which is about what I need when I get up at night. I also like the anti roll feature of the hex on the head. The switch is a little mushy compared to other lights but not a big deal to me. Since this article was written Jetbeam has changed their packageing. Now you get a brown box with no holster. Again not a deal breaker for me. The light is extremely bright on turbo. Mine has a OP reflector instead of the smooth one reviewed. I personally like the OP better. All in all I am a happy camper until the bug bites again.

Latest posts