Jetbeam Raptor RRT-2

gilly

Enlightened
The following is copied from my post on Selfbuilt's excellent review of this under-rated, excellent light. To see his as-usual superb review go here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/237586

I concur with many of you who would like a lower low mode. I love my Jet III-M low of ~ .2 lumens and the feeling of confidence that it will run for a week+ if the S--t really hits the fan (lost in a cave while splunking maybe)... Although the present low mode, which will run for the better part of a day, is very useful and doesn't seem too overpowering. The 4 x IBS settable modes accessed by the ring would be outstanding indeed!! I don't have any problems with the ring being aluminum - feels great to me.

I got my RRT-2 about 6 weeks ago and it has become the light I reach for the most while at home. (live in the country in New England with a 5-acre field behind the house and 500+ acres of forest around the house). The build quality is just unbelievable and this light is just plain SATISFYING to hold in the hand. I find the UI to be not-perfect, but workable. You quickly learn to, when picking up the light (without looking at the markings), rotate it counter-clockwise fully (to high), then click back clockwise to your preferred setting before clicking it on. I agree with SB that the ring is smooth and very user-friendly with very distinct detents. I don't have an SR3 or MX-2 to compare it to, but I like the ring very much. After reading the commentary above on the placement of the Standby Mode AFTER the Strobe, I did a simple test a few times. From Low mode(light on), holding the light underhand and using my thumb and index finger, I can EASILY and REPEATEDLY move from Low THROUGH Strobe quickly WITHOUT ACTIVATING IT to Standby (2 'clicks' on the ring). Conversely, I can then EASILY roll from Standby and back to Low (through Strobe) quickly and not activate Strobe. The positive detents on the ring and its smooth traversement make this simple to do. So, once you know your sequence on the ring, Strobe can essentially be ignored without much effort!!

As for the absence of anti-roll and a clip or lanyard... I am fond of clips AND lanyards, so am looking forward to Flavio getting in the SS crenenlated tailcap bezels (same as on Jet III - M) into which a lanyard can be threaded. I can live w/o the anti-roll - and the lanyard should help to some degree once it is attached. This tail bezel will also allow the RRT-2 to tailstand!

When you get right down to it, two of the biggest factors that make us enjoy a light are LOOKS and FEEL. The RRT-2 HAS BOTH OF THESE QUALITIES IN SPADES!!! And as for performance - it is no slouch...

So - for those of you who are holding off on this SUPERBLY made light which feels second to NONE in the hand..........don't hold off!! You are doing yourselves a great injustice as FLASHAHOLICS!! :poke:

For you tactical guys out there - I'm a 14-year LEO who works day shift. However, I had to pull a night shift 2 weeks ago and carried my RRT-2 and used it on about 20 motor vehicle stops. Used an empty collapsible baton holster to carry it on my belt (carried the RRT-2 bezel up) which worked fine. (obviously would prefer bezel down for a permanent holster). The Raptor worked SUPERBLY as my duty light that evening. No problems whatsoever.

Get one! I really don't feel you will regret it!

:thumbsup:

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more thing, on a Sako or Tikka rifle they use a RED dot for the safety. I think one drop of a red color where the selector switch is would be helpful. What is mean is where the round selector marker is put just one drop of red color would make it really easy to see where you are at. If one day I get the light I will try it :)

elwood

Newly Enlightened
I'd like to remove the head on my RRT-1 but i have a question. How exactly are you guys getting the locking ring out?

Are you guys just using brute force which breaks it?

If you break it, do you have to put it back in? If you don't put it back in, does it affect the operation of the light or make the head loose?

It's extremely silly that they would not want us to access this part of the flashlight. How are we supposed to lube the threads and o-rings?!

LowFlux

Enlightened
I'd like to remove the head on my RRT-1 but i have a question. How exactly are you guys getting the locking ring out?

Are you guys just using brute force which breaks it?

If you break it, do you have to put it back in? If you don't put it back in, does it affect the operation of the light or make the head loose?

It's extremely silly that they would not want us to access this part of the flashlight. How are we supposed to lube the threads and o-rings?!
AFAIK, no one has gotten the head off a RRT-1. Everyone is talking about the RRT-2 in this thread; which does have a removable head.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't say about the RRT-1, but if it is the same as the RRT-2, brute force works.

The ring is very difficult to put back in (I still have not figured it out).

Even without the ring put in correctly, the light will work. Its just that if you keep loosening the head to focus, it will fall off at some point while the ring prevents this.

palomino77

Newly Enlightened
I dropped my RRT-2 R2 yesterday and broke the lens, everything is perfect, can hardly see where it hit the concrete, but now i need a new lens, does any body know the exact size of the lens, or where i can get a replacement? my email is [email protected] , thanks