Jetbeam tcr 01 is out

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been experimenting with stonewashing and my first actual light that I performed a run on was one of my TC-R1s. It took some time and a few runs with different stone combinations but I like the way the final result came out. Gives the light a bit of character.

StoneWash_TCR1.jpg

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks good. I was thinking of trying this with ceramic media in a bottle, tossed into the dryer for different timed tumbles but never got around to it

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried it with some ceramic media but I don't think it was rough enough and didn't do much. I ended up using a mix of random gravel rock with some BBs mixed in for a polishing effect - blended with a bit of water and a squirt of dish soap. Did that for about 24 hours. The surface was a bit rough feeling so I then ran the light in BBs for about an hour to smooth it out. (Yes I know there are more ideal options to BBs, but they were cheap and locally available and I didn't have to order a 20lb box. Very interestingly I ran the light first with just BBs to see what would happen and I think it may be the best polishing mechanism I've seen to date - I mean the light came out smooth, sparkling and shining).

Be sure to remove the lenses, rubber gaskets, batteries and all electronics if you intend to do this.

Darksoul

Newly Enlightened
Hey,

I really apologize about the delay, but we are still waiting on JETBeam to send us back the warranty lights we have sent out to be repaired. We are hoping to have the lights returned to us soon, as they send them in with our shipments of restock. As soon as we get the light back, we will expedite it to you. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

An we are now a month further! I have mailed GoingGear 3 times,:
Hey,

I apologize for the delay in response, I just sent an email to JETBeam/Niteye right now to see if I can get them to track down your light.

Thanks,

On 11/1/2012 8:33 AM, Radboud wrote:
Hello,

A week ago i send you a e-mail, I received no reply to that letter.
Can I have any information on this matter?

Yours sincerely,
On 11/8/2012 6:16 AM, wrote:
Hello Andy,

Did you get a response from the E-mail je send to JETBeam/Niteye a week ago...?

Thanks,

Hey,

Unfortunately, I am still waiting for a response from JETBeam. I will send out another to them.

Thanks,

Blaaahh i hate this! I'm waiting now more then 7 (!) months for my Jetbeam...

RobME

Newly Enlightened
I tried it with some ceramic media but I don't think it was rough enough and didn't do much. I ended up using a mix of random gravel rock with some BBs mixed in for a polishing effect - blended with a bit of water and a squirt of dish soap. Did that for about 24 hours. The surface was a bit rough feeling so I then ran the light in BBs for about an hour to smooth it out. (Yes I know there are more ideal options to BBs, but they were cheap and locally available and I didn't have to order a 20lb box. Very interestingly I ran the light first with just BBs to see what would happen and I think it may be the best polishing mechanism I've seen to date - I mean the light came out smooth, sparkling and shining).

Be sure to remove the lenses, rubber gaskets, batteries and all electronics if you intend to do this.
Nope, BB's are pretty much ideal. Otherwise known as Steel Shot; It's used as an industry standard for certain applications in vibratory metal finishing. You did better than good by adding the water and detergent. That's Pro. :) True, a variety of different tumbling media can be used depending upon the workpiece and desired finish, but steel shot is widely used. :)