Jog Stroller parallel drivers

lonesouth

Newly Enlightened
Here's my wire diagram I'm proposing for my jog strolled. The power source is a Ridgid Tools 18V lithium ion battery pack. The LEDs are XR-E R2 DX 15943 in the front 2s2p and CREE red DX 1776. The 350ma driver is a micropuck. The 925ma drivers are DX 3256.

The idea is to have a master switch to turn on the power. The micropuck will drive the 2 red rear LEDs and drop the voltage from 18v to 15.3v so the 3256 are not over-volted. The first 3256 will drive the R2s in the front at ~462ma. The on-off-momentary will power the second 3256 to drive the R2s up to 925ma.

This would give me a low/high front and a constant rear.

Thoughts?

StrollerWireDiagramv1.jpg

znomit

Enlightened
Putting drivers in series isn't a good idea because they aren't a constant load (fried a couple of micropucks doing that!).

lonesouth

Newly Enlightened
I see what you mean. I suppose I'll just use a buckpuck instead of the 3256. Thanks for pointing out the flaw.

BobRoss

Newly Enlightened
I've never really looked at a jogging stroller, but I may be in the market in the next couple of years. Can you fit a bike wheel on one? That is, could you fit a regular hub dynamo and run this without batteries? With the smaller wheel sizes (relative to a bike), you probably could get a pretty good light going at jogging speeds.