Just got my first zebralight

jonathan.silva05

Newly Enlightened
After weeks of researching of what light I should get I finally settled on zebralight. I went out on a limb and got a sc600mk3 HL.

Most people said it was "way too big for edc". I can ensure you that's not the case. This thing is so small it would be hard to hold if it were any smaller. I also went out on a limb and invested in a 18650 battery system. Hey are suppose to last a long time. We will see.

The user interface is pretty simple if you ignore the sub levels. Videos online make it seem crazy. It's really not at all.

I went outside of my 5 acre home last night at 4am to test out high. It made it seem incredibly bright halfway across the property. I was very impressed that amount of light could come from such a small package.

I'm attaching some pictures of the two lights I was rotating at edc before my zebralight to give you a size comparison. This flashlight is in no way big.

d16cb9d227919a7bb01e178dc98be97e.jpg

recDNA

Flashaholic
It's the thickness of it in my pocket I find annoying. I would prefer it was a little longer to accommodate protected batteries. The additional length makes it easier for me to hold.

Taxman

Newly Enlightened
Looks like you just took the maglite out of the package... lol. What's the other, a 6P mod?

I have the smaller brother to your SC600, the SC52 (I think that is it) very similar set up and UI - extremely bright for the size of the light. Have you tried the battery lever indicator yet? 4 rapid clicks on the button and the light will blink 4 times for fully charged, 3 times for 3/4 charge, 2 times for 1/2, charge, and 1 time for 25% charge. Great light my man.

I'm picking up the SC600 this week - did you get cool white or neutral white?

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
A great choice and it is a wise choice to add battery and charging to the completion of your purchase. :thumbsup:

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice get!

The ZebraLight H600Fd Mk. III headlamp is a good companion for that flashlight. Finally got mine last month.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've given it lots of indoor use so far, including some reading and also late night tours around my domicile. Camping will be another big use.

I have a cheapie headlamp that runs on 1xAA stashed in my car. Along with it, I keep a few L91 Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA batteries, and a spare Eneloop. I don't want to store a Li-ion flashlight or battery in my car. Headlamps are ideal for hands-free chores like changing a tire and looking under the hood.

Last night I was looking the 1xAA Skillhunt H15 headlamp as a possible upgrade for the vehicle. There is a group buy at BLF where the H15 is going for something close to half of what a ZebraLight H52w sells for. That makes sense for a light that will mostly used only in roadside "emergencies."

sidecross

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me three. I love it as much as I love my SC600 HI.

And that's a lot!!! Congrats on the new light.
I carry those two lights on me if I need to leave the house with some thing beyond ID and money.

Having these two lights is an amazing amount of light available for almost any need in a 24 hour or less step away. :thumbsup:

tops2

Enlightened
Congrats! Glad you like it!

In terms of pocketable, for me it's mostly the width, followed by the weight of the light that bothers me. Especially once getting used to a "small" light (Olight S1 in my case) that lights like the newer SC600 feels too "big". Even my H600Fd feels too big compared to the Olight S1.

I also really recommend the H600Fd too. Awesome headlamp that doubles as a handheld light. The frosted lens helps produce a nice wide flood that's just awesome to use for close to medium range. It lacks throw, but you got the HI for that! Lol.

But since the SC600Fd MKIII Plus is just "around the corner", I'd wait for the Plus unless you really want a headlamp. Supposedly about 10 CRI higher and more lumens...but I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic about the Plus (I'm really hyped for this light).

Edit: Forgot to ask..how do you like the HI for close range usage? Like for up to a few feet in front of you?

Last edited: