JUst ordered from Malkoff

Bentonville

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a M61L drop-in for my SF 6Z. I am excited about it! I talked to the husband and wife on the phone. They were both very helpful with finding the specs. that will meet my needs ( as I understand my needs at this point). They answered my questions with patience. and they will ship the item tomorrow morning. I enjoy doing business with a company that is customer centered, as they seem to be. Thanks for all the tips on this forum. Also, I ordered some SF batteries from Surefire. I looked on Amazon. However, there were complaints about the condition of the product when the package arrived. Also, some said the expiration date of the batteries did not give them close to the ten year shelf life. I just didn't feel like taking a chance so I ordered from Surefire. According to most folks, it seems those batteries are as good as any available.
Can't wait to get my 6Z into action. I have probably used up four batteries in the past many years since I got the light as a gift in the nineties. I am on my second incandescent bulb, the P60. As you can tell, my light has had very little use. I appreciate this forum!

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave my brother my SF 6P, it has the M61wll (the 70 lumen output drop-in), and he likes it very much. He's had it for a while now and has yet to change the batteries. I have some other Malkoff products as well and they've all been great, think you'll be quite happy with your new drop-in.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congratulations, Bentonville! Solid, dependable products and amazing service. Got the shipping notification within minutes of my last purchase. And you just got to love the nice thank you notes that Cathy takes the trouble to write on every shipping invoice. :thumbsup:

Bentonville

Newly Enlightened
Got my Malkoff M61L today along with my Surefire 123 batteries which are good for 9 and 1/2 years from now. I love the light. It has given me a new appreciation for my SF6Z. I compared it to the original equipment light assembly and really there is no comparison. Yellow to white. Narrow flood to broad. Limited throw to a great throw for inside and very good for outside, maybe forty yards I am guessing. It's a very useful light I appreciate the professional and appreciative attitude of Ms. Malkoff.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Just ordered from Malkoff

Good luck with your new drop in. The Malkoff's are the best! :twothumbs

Bentonville

Newly Enlightened

I really appreciate the help and encouragement concerning my new interest from the folks who have taken the time to post as well as those who offered advice through pm.

naq

Newly Enlightened

Bentonville I read your previous thread about possibly getting the V11R; your uncertainty with the options and your love of your old 6Z then the thread went silent. Is this the solution you went with, or was this in addition to another purchase? Congratulations on making a decision :thumbsup:. I felt your pain reading that thread because my first purchase felt nearly the same.

Bentonville

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the inquiry. I really do like the Malkoff drop-in for my 6Z. I used it tonight as a matter of fact to inspect some tree removal efforts done while I was at work This light has enough throw for my applications in my corner lot in town. It has enough flood to see what is in front of me. It's great.
I am still very interested in the V11. Do you have one? It seems like the perfect all-around multi-purpose light.