Just picked up a River Rock 3AA Lantern from Target

Ayeaux

Newly Enlightened
Looks like they are out of stock... send them an email.

I just got a reply that they had some Q35B available, so I placed an order for two of them. Maybe when the xp-g neutral whites start coming out I'll try one of those as well.

Question:
Was it really necessary to take off the emitter to remove the board, or could you just pry the whole thing off? I'd like to keep the emitter board intact.

Thanks.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question:
Was it really necessary to take off the emitter to remove the board, or could you just pry the whole thing off? I'd like to keep the emitter board intact.

The board was pretty soft, I was messing up the edges trying to lift it. Seemed like I would break the emitter by the time it bent up.

The board isn't like a star, it's not a chunk of aluminum. It's not useful without that nub of aluminum coming up through the center...

Ayeaux

Newly Enlightened
The Q35B Crees finally arrived and I've gotten one installed so far. It was just as described above, although my circuit board popped off fairly easily. Here's a few pics showing the difference between my modded and unmodded lanterns. They are both the Cree version. They also have one layer of "Press 'N Seal" to smooth them out a bit.

Unmodded, Daylight white balance, 1/8, 200 ISO:
ayeauxcpf
IMG%5D
IMG_4304.jpg

Modded with Q35B Cree, daylight white balance, 1/8, 200 ISO:
ayeauxcpf
IMG%5D

IMG_4303.jpg

daylight white balance, 1/8, 200 ISO:
IMG_4305.jpg

ayeauxcpf

Last edited: