Just when I thought I was out, Olight drags me back in.

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
Well, maybe. I've got a few Olights (Seeker 2 and 3, Warrier X Pro 3, Warrior Mini) and while they're all on their first battery, it seems they all take a proprietary Olight battery.

I got the Javalot Mini email, and it's good looking light and a long throw light. Anybody know if its battery is a proprietary battery? I got a Fenix TX20R v2.0 because it doesn't use a proprietary battery. But I still have long range lumen lust and the little Javalot Mini with a 600M throw just might find a place in the herd.

Does anybody know if it will only use an Olight battery? Or is it a "customized" battery?

kj2

Flashaholic
Stopped looking at Olight since early 2022. No innovation what so ever. Just bringing 5-6-7 different color versions. And when that runs out, they bring some kind of another limited limited version with a different led. Naa, improve your line-up instead of bringing 20-30 different 'versions' on the market each year.

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was never interested in Olight models, but I admit I do really like the i5T EOS with the Osram P9 emitter, and its smaller counterpart, the i3T with Philips LUXEON TX emitter, especially in stoneground titanium, even though both are cool white, even though their lenses are plastic snap-ins, and even though swapping the emitters is difficult to impossible. What I like about them that allows me to ignore their deficiencies that I wish other manufacturers would duplicate is the braindead simple interface of two well-spaced modes with no memory, always starting in low, with a forward tail clicky and a constant current circuit.

qonRnoB_d.webp

Last edited:

3_gun

Enlightened
The S2R Baton ll will use the Olight battery or 2 standard CR123a batteries

My last Olight purchase was a Nova H1 headlamp. I needed something really small, lightweight, with a neutral white emitter, and (relatively) long runtimes. No proprietary battery required. It's successor, the Perun 2 Mini, offers comparable performance, and 16340 compatibility. To achieve the Perun 2's burst mode however (1,100 lumens), you'll need an IMR cell, which Olight will be happy to sell you. I have a few of these from Olight and they really do work well for me in high drain 16340-size pocket torches, including Acebeam lights, and a few SkyLumen modded EagTac D25c pocket rockets.

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
Ok, thanks for all the information. I'm not experienced enough to know from non-disclosed LEDs, CCT & CRI yet to really concern myself with those metrics. But a proprietary battery is absolutely a nonstarter. I'm done with that. The Jav Mini caught me I because it wasn't just a different color of an existing light. The long throw did have so sway, I won't lie.

Checking here first saved me some money and disappointment.. Every so often you just need somebody to say "This isn't the flashlight you're looking for".

ninety9

Newly Enlightened
My last Olight was an M20 Warrior, years ago. The same concerns everyone has; proprietary batteries, proprietary charge cable, their promotion model. I noticed scores of youtube "reviews" by people provided free flashlights to regurgitate the same specs and promotion. No real, honest reviews to he found.