K-9 LEO needs a light pulling dogs hir out looking. LOL

sfca

Enlightened
Ah! I see there's a pressure switch now.
I was browsing before but didn't see anything other then a mention of a remote pressure switch.
Good luck with your buy!

Edit: saw the switch and flashlight both on Ebay with free shipping. The flashlight's made in China so it shouldn't matter much where the dealer is.

Last edited:

Totan325

Newly Enlightened
Yeah it's the buying from china that has me worried. I've tried once before I didn't lose any money as they returned it but I didn't get what I wanted either.

sfca

Enlightened
You could ask around here for reviews of the seller. If you use Ebay theres paypal,so like before your guaranteed to at least get your money back.

Or you could just wait for the Novatacs.
Check out the Brite strike for a more expensive but unproven option.

Totan325

Newly Enlightened
All true I found one person in the us that is selling it on eBay he is trying to get the switch for me.

rhotondm

Newly Enlightened
Does any one own the Olight M30 that uses it day to day would like to hear from them. Really thinking about it..

I am also a LEO. I recently got an Olight M30. I am running tow 18650's but to fit your length requirements you could run 3x123's.

I love the instant strobe feature. And the light is very bright. It also can throw a good distance.

I also have a Jetbeam RRT2. I think that would be a good option for you. For the size of the RRT2 it can throw a very good distance.

If you have any other questions just PM me.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
You want a surefire 6p or c2 and a malkoff m60 or m30 p60 style dropin (p60 is the stock bulb/reflector combo size for these lights)

If you really want/need the lower level output you should look into a cmg ultra AA light, it is the size of a aa battery and runs for 80+ hours on a standard cell

You can also use a nailbender p60 dropin with 3 level output although the malkoff is considered more reliable for LEO's

Now how about a k9 mounted mag 626?

trdvet

Newly Enlightened
I am also a LEO. I recently got an Olight M30. I am running tow 18650's but to fit your length requirements you could run 3x123's.

I love the instant strobe feature. And the light is very bright. It also can throw a good distance.

What kind of holster do you have for the Olight M30? Are the 18650's a stock fit?

Totan325

Newly Enlightened
Well I bought the jetbeam jet III m it should be here tommorrow I hope I'll be able to use it some on Thursday as I'm going to our academy to train the basic law school in active shooter. I'll try and post some real world tests with it. I found a front grip from Magpull that when the light is mounted it uses the end cap to turn the light on and off. It has a button in the grip that is used to push the end cap for on/off not sure how it will work for half clicks though. I won't get to test that till the new rail comes in for my FN F2000. Jere is a picture of it http://iphone.ebay.com/Member/F/RbH...EjlLmYdDjBKMnw)r9-w~~_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Windex

Newly Enlightened
Well I bought the jetbeam jet III m it should be here tommorrow I hope I'll be able to use it some on Thursday as I'm going to our academy to train the basic law school in active shooter. I'll try and post some real world tests with it. I found a front grip from Magpull that when the light is mounted it uses the end cap to turn the light on and off. It has a button in the grip that is used to push the end cap for on/off not sure how it will work for half clicks though. I won't get to test that till the new rail comes in for my FN F2000. Jere is a picture of it http://iphone.ebay.com/Member/F/RbH...EjlLmYdDjBKMnw)r9-w~~_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

FYI, Magpul does not make that.... IIRC it's CAA - questionable quality in the past.