KL1 with Ex or Exe?

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
Having had my KL1 for a week and still loving it, I've switched it back and forth between an E1, E2 and E2e. For me, the E2 is the better body because I don't have to orient the clip to my hand for a comfortable grip. I really think the E2 with the LOTC is the perfect body. Same with the E1 although I don't own a E1e for comparison. I do think, however, that the E1e with a split ring through the clip would also be a very accomodating arrangement.

Anyone else have a different preference or am I spending too much time dwelling on this?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm starting to think I like my KL1 on the E1 best, but I'm still not sure yet.

I'm with you Jeff, I like the clipless E1 & E2 bodies better.

kl1z.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
How do you carry the E1+KL1 or E2+KL2 ??

Without the PocketClip, I'd have to get a pouch for it, and I don't really want to do that.

What are my other options?

Thanks

Al

S

Simon Megalaser

I would definately say the E1e-HA. The E2 is a waste with the KL1 (no point - you get the same brightness with smaller size using the E1), also the KL1 is a huge improvement over the head that comes with the E1, but the original E2 head (at 60 lumens) is brighter than the KL1, so why downgrade power?

The E1e-HA with the KL1 is a killer combination, I would say the most technically advanced (currently!) flashlight in the world. (in my humble opinion!)

Regards

Simon

JoeyL

Enlightened
My preference is the e1e for the KL1. It really is a great combination for most of what I do around the house. I use the pocket clip with a lanyard attachment. It is slightly longer than the e1e incandescent head and fits my hand a bit better. I also find the e1e's shape easier to work with than the e1. (I think those flattened areas make a difference)

Also, I had originally thought this lamp would be good for draining down spent 123's since it sucks out the last bit of current. However, I like it so much with the fresh battery brightness that I find myself changing the battery after only 90 minutes. Sort of like Al's comment on the "fresh 123 high"

Size15's

Flashaholic
I carried the E1e+KL1 for about a month.
Now I'm back to the E2e+KL1 whilst I try to break the KL1...

I prefer the Exe, not least due to the PocketClip.

Al

brightnorm

Flashaholic
For my personal use, short runtime LEDs defeat their primary usefulness.

Brightnorm

Latest posts