Klarus ST10 (1xAA, XP-G R5) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS PICS, and more!

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
You have it backwards here, lux is the linear quantity, throw is the non-linear quantity. Double current in a led and you get (roughly) double power consumption, double lux, double lumen and 1.4 times the throw.
I.e. everything follows a linear relationship, except throw (The led conversion of current to brightness is not completely linear).
Yes, you are right - I was thinking only of the non-linearity of lux for distance comparisons (i.e. "throw"), but instead wrote for an output comparison in that sentence. I will revise that - I meant to say for half the distance (not twice the output), lux will score will be four times higher.

Last edited:

jamjam

Newly Enlightened
Hi Selfbuilt, do you think the ST10 will be able to "LEGO" with the rest of this series (ST20, NT10) like the Fenix LD and Quark Family? I couln't find any info regarding this anywhere online. May be not the NT20 since the voltage range will be diffirent than the rest. Any hint?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Hi Selfbuilt, do you think the ST10 will be able to "LEGO" with the rest of this series (ST20, NT10) like the Fenix LD and Quark Family? I couln't find any info regarding this anywhere online. May be not the NT20 since the voltage range will be diffirent than the rest. Any hint?
Don't know about the other members of the family, but the ST10 and NT20 won't lego (i.e. the battery tube diameter is different, so heads and tails are not interchangeable).

jamjam

Newly Enlightened
Don't know about the other members of the family, but the ST10 and NT20 won't lego (i.e. the battery tube diameter is different, so heads and tails are not interchangeable).

Thanks for the quick reply. I can't get hold of any 4Seven light here in Beijing, but chinese brands like Fenix, Jetbeam, Sunwayman, Klarus etc are a lot cheaper to buy locally. Thats why I am asking for the Klarus, may be I should get the LD20 and LD10 to replace my old Q5 version.

sog_sniper

Newly Enlightened
The more I read, the more I understandand lighting terminologies.... Thank you to all for sharing these informations....
au.gif