Knife Sharpening

Status
Not open for further replies.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: knife sharpening

There are lots of threads here on this topic (lots of knife guys hangout here) and if you do a search you'll find lots of suggested techniques and equipment. A lot depends on what use your knives have and how much work you want to put into sharpening, but also as to how sharp you really need a knife to be and that's a topic for a lot of threads all on it's own.

cal..45

Enlightened

hi,

personally I have used the spyderco triangle sharpmaker for the last couple years and made very good results with it. the only thing I can complain about, is that the tip of a knife gets pretty fast rounded if someone isn't carefully enough.

right now I'm waiting for the lansky deluxe system which should arrive tommorow or on wednesday. with that system it will be a little more time consuming to sharpen knives, but also still preciser and without fear to round the tip.

regardsless of the brand, with both systems you should be able to get and keep your tools sharp enough for shaving.

regards, holger

Last edited:

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened

I'd like to second the spyderco sharpmaker, it's really simple to use and can get a knife scary sharp in a few strokes of the white stones (at least in my experience while sharpening a charge ti and several kitchen knives).

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Just merged 20 threads in reference to knife sharpening together. I'm sure there are more out there for your reading pleasure - but this should keep most of it together.

Mudd Magnet

Newly Enlightened
Thanks sig man now I have a couple hour's reading ahead of me :laughing:

I had try'd to search on a couple ocasions but I could not really find much usefull info in one place it was all little bit's and pieces all over the place Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.