Kroll Switch Lube

Status
Not open for further replies.

adimag

Newly Enlightened
What brand of lube do you use to coat the inside of your Kroll switches with? It is a conductive or non conductive lube? Have you seen a diference in the reliability of your switches using the lube?

Thanks for answering all the questions! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Spacemarine

Enlightened
I you lube the thread and the o-ring of the LS, which lube do you use? The topic I found in this forum is quite old and my perhaps be outdated?

Should the grease be conductive? In my opinion this would be an advantage beause the resistance of the thread decreases, what do you think? Is it wise to lube the contacts of the batterie too with a conductive grease?

Which lube (coductive or nonconductive) is used when the LS are produced?

nexro

Enlightened
I don't think the treads on the Kroll is lubed.
I unscrewed mine (the TSP2AA) and there was no lube on it.
I also remembered reading somewhere that it was left without lube as it doesn't need any since the rubber cap of the Kroll will keep the LS water proof.

was_jlh

Enlightened
Anyone done this? Does it enhance performance of the switch or does it interfere?

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found that lubing the interior of the Kroll with a conductive lube has avoided me of all the talked about Kroll problems. I have yet to have a single problem on any of my 5 - 6 lights that use the Kroll.

I use a toothpick and lightly coat as much of the metal springs and parts as I can reach. No lube on the Kroll threads. I use conductive lube on the LS battery threads after thoroughly cleaning them and just a touch on the positive battery end. I redo the threads (clean and lube) every 3 - 6 months or when I think I need to. I add to the Kroll battery spring at the same time, but other than that, I haven't opened up the Kroll since I first treated it. I clean and relube my AAAs more often. I used to use a different lube on the O rings, but not anymore. Remember that the lube attracts dirt and debris so be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.