LAMP REPLACEMENT POLARION PF40

andromeda.73

Banned
someone could post the detailed instructions or pictures for the replacement of the lamp model PF40? Thanks to all.

vee73

Newly Enlightened
Lamp and ballast
8143010478557911806orig.jpg

8143010478557911809orig.jpg

8143010478557911804orig.jpg

vee73

Newly Enlightened
If you open the lamp immediately switch back. So you put the tools on both sides of the switch. Then ballast falls off the burner and pull together. They have not caught any. A simple drag will suffice.

devo.aus

Newly Enlightened
Lamp and ballast
8143010478557911806orig.jpg

8143010478557911809orig.jpg

8143010478557911804orig.jpg
hello ive just come across the old thread regarding taking apart the polarion pf40.

i too have had difficulty in separating the case. i have the instruction for lamp replacement and ive also used flexible wrenches but have no luck. am i supposed to try and unscrew the components? are they that tightly screwed on? cheers for any help.
devo

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
hello ive just come across the old thread regarding taking apart the polarion pf40.

i too have had difficulty in separating the case. i have the instruction for lamp replacement and ive also used flexible wrenches but have no luck. am i supposed to try and unscrew the components? are they that tightly screwed on? cheers for any help.
devo

First take out the battery. DO NOT DISASSEMBLE THE LIGHT WITH THE BATTERY INSTALLED. THIS IS A SAFETY HAZARD. This sounds simple but it's so easy to forget there's a battery sitting in the PH40. :)

Use the strap wrenches to unscrew the head. I would wrap one directly over the plastic coupler, and the other onto the aluminum body directly beneath it. This part isn't very difficult. It'll take a few rotations to get the head completely off the body. Be very careful and gentle when removing the head. The guide wire on the bulb can scratch the reflector.

Once the head is off you have access to the lamp. My memory is a little sketchy here so you'll have to forgive me. I believe the lamp is held down by two wire clamps and secured in place by two screws. Beneath the base of the bulb there are three (or four?) adjustment screws. DO NOT TOUCH THESE SCREWS. These screws are easily distinguished from the ones holding down the clamps. Unscrew the wire clamp screws and carefully remove the clamps. You now can free the lamp from the base and disconnect the wires. Reconnect with the new bulb and reverse the entire process.

Reattach the head without cross threading the plastic threads with the aluminum body.

Last edited:

devo.aus

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Thanks for your suggestions. ill attempt it this weekend.

I thought i had attempted something similar to what youve mentioned but i thought i'd confirm as i noticed i started to need to apply a lot of rotational force on the strap wreches and nothing was giving way.

ill try again.

cheers

Patriot

Flashaholic
Just out of curiosity, are you doing this because you burned out or broke the bulb? You must really get a lot of use out of your light! :)