Lantern update?

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Any updates for the CL30R in the works?
This is Fenix's reply: "The CL30R is in stock with only the black version while stock lasts. Meanwhile our team is working on its upgraded version and we will keep you updated if any news later. Please let us know if any request for the current version."

Do you want to provide any feedback on what feature(s) you would like to share with Fenix?

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Upgrades…….. Warmer temp in general ( 3500 - 4500 ) . Amber secondary mode would make it the perfect lantern. ( No Red )
Everything else is great. If its not broke…don't fix it!

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you want to provide any feedback on what feature(s) you would like to share with Fenix?
Even if we are talking about the CL30 model, I leave some user thoughts using other models.
I have many Fenix lanterns, the tint is not bad but I would like a warmer tint too.
I have a Sofirn LT1S lantern that has adjustable tint, the system is brilliant but I always use it at 2700 K tint.

Red light can be useful but it should be stronger, the red light of the CL23 and CL26R lanterns is too dim and only useful as a signal.

A red light between 5 and 25 lumens can be used when there are many insects.

Another feature I would like on the Fenix lanterns is an ultra-low level of 1 lumens or less (like on the old CL25R)
The Sofirn LT1S has a 1 lumens level and with the 2700 K shade it is truly relaxing in the bedroom.

A lantern is not like a flashlight where you change light level frequently, I would like to tell Fenix to make lanterns with many light levels and keep the mode memory.
The CL23 has the last level memory used, I don't understand why this was not done on the CL26R model as well.

Mappo

Newly Enlightened
My opinion the ideal lantern would have a warm tint white light, and amber mode, and a red mode. All of the modes would have the same brightness adjustable levels. Red light is mandatory for me with a lantern.

Romanko

Newly Enlightened
Ability to use unprotected 21700. Add 18650 to 21700 converters. To be able to shine only from one side and to have all the modes like in the main mode (Moon/Low/Med/High/Turbo - 1lm is a must!!!/10lm/50/100/300/600). Red (and even add amber led) mode must have the modes (Moon 1lm/Low/Med/High). No memory (always start from moon mode) or be able to turn off or on this function. USB type C, strong magnet.
Make one lantern with 2*21700 (more portable, easy to carry) and other with 3*21700.

Last edited:

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked in June if they would make a CL26R with 21700 battery and they replied that at the moment it is not planned.
I don't know if it can be different for the CL30

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Thank you for all your comments. We have sent this thread to the Fenix engineers. Thanks for your continued input!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i think the 26650 latern would rock 1 single 26650 will be fat enough to stand easly

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for all your comments. We have sent this thread to the Fenix engineers. Thanks for your continued input!
I would also like you to tell Fenix that the downlight feature (calls Down 1 and Down 2) is an excellent and very functional feature, hopefully it will be retained on future models.
I attach photos to specify what I mean.
Thank you

Attachments

• down.png
    down.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 105

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
A brief update on this conversation:

1. We have a new lantern sample called CL28R. It can control the color temp.
2. As for the CL26R, there is a planned upgrade. It may be released next year.

THAT'S ALL THE INFO AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW! NO FURTHER DETAILS TIL THE PRODUCTS ARE RELEASED. Stay tuned. :)

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
UPDATE TO EVERYONE: The CL28R prototype is nothing like the 2020 Shot Show model.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
After trying most all of the newer Fenix lanterns, the CL20 (not the CL20R) is still my all-time favorite.