Laptops-gamers for work

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Got a new Dr Battery for my Asus G73. When plugged in it says "100% charged" now.
Yay.
Unplugged it says a whopping "2 hours-34 minutes" again.
woohoo!!

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
At my work the other night I pulled out the shiney new iPad to look at some pdf plans. 200+ pages. I wanted to see something near the back page so I scroll and scroll and it jumps back to page 1. Hmmm, ok scroll and scroll again and it jumps back to page 1 again.

What thuh? Try a different app and same thing. I'm thinking I'd wasted money on this stupid thing. But last night while looking at some blogs where folks were saying they had that issue too I see this one guy says "open it in the books app". It seems the pdf reader on an iPad is a viewer with limited memory so when it maxes out it prompts back to start.

So after copying that set of plans and other pdf files to books viola! Works like a charm. Now I could see opening my spec "book" in books, but it never dawned on me that using the books app is the way to read plans too. Duh! I felt kinda embarrassed really.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
It is crazy what gaming pcs do now. But I'm old enough to recall having fun playing an Atari 2600 we had just as much fun with it as the people do today with there ps5s lol. A course on the 2600 are cars looked more like the letter H but we was still mind blown how good it looked lol