leadlight knockoff

picrthis

Enlightened
zonda4life said:
I found this leadlight 105 "replica" on ebay. They claim it is the exact internals and that the manufacturer weeds out the best lasers for them bla bla. I am looking for a cheap laser that would be easy to mod. Would I be better off buying a leadlight from someone like vital spirits?

here's the laser: http://cgi.ebay.com/LEADLIGHT-GREEN-LASER-Pointer-5mW-532nM-5-mW-532-nM_W0QQitemZ150115294867QQihZ005QQcategoryZ14954QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$14.95 for shipping? It must weigh about 10LBS for the price!

zonda4life

Newly Enlightened
I know it seemed pricey but almost all of the lasers on ebay are $10 or more for shipping.. Ill probably purchase one and see how it turns out. There is a satisfaction guarantee anyway.

stevetexas

Newly Enlightened
notice that there are 2 different pointers pictured. one has a plastic button, one has a metal button. most leadlights i've seen have a plastic button. I wouldn't buy this with the intention to mod.

Daedal

Newly Enlightened
I ended up buying one a while back and had to send it back... still waiting for my refund. Funny thing is UPS didn't agree to send the package, they had to send it through USPS because it is a "very remote destination".

The laser wasn't too bad in all honesty, but the one I got was badly hurt from the "business end" with a peeled off QC sticker and a scratched top. The laser, although, was quite bright. Mostly was EXTREMELY bright once you first turned it on, then very rapidly dropped down to a regular level output as a GLP110 (regulated). Perhaps it is just regulated, but very poorly so. I didn't open it to see the internals, but considering that the price is MORE than that of a leadlight, I personally wouldn't advise. :(

jbviau

Enlightened
Yeah I got one of these a while back and wasn't very impressed. The laser routinely took 15-20 seconds to warm up. The warning sticker had several typos on it, and it actually said class IIIb (which the seller confirmed was wrong). Plus, the button was metal. I couldn't get it off, so I gave the thing to a friend to play with.

zonda4life

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help. I would prefer a leadlight but I thought they were more than that (maybe $60 at a store). Where can you purchase a leadlight for less than $30?

Kenom

Enlightened
You can buy a leadlight from ebay. search for leadlight or glp-105 one or the other. vital*spirit is who I got mine from and it rocked.

Daedal

Newly Enlightened
I got a good chunk of leadlights from amaz0n.com, they have a few good sellers who sell it for a very attractive price. Also, the shipping is a fixed price, so...

GL;
DDL

jellyfish414

Newly Enlightened
I believe the wholesale cost for leadlight is above $30, so you're unlikely to find any for below that amount... unless it's not a real leadlight :laughing:

There are plenty of reputable sellers offering them for under $40. An extra $10 isn't a lot when it's potentially the difference between quality and crap.

zonda4life

Newly Enlightened
Yes I agree and I realize that is very cheap for a quality green laser.. anyway I snagged one from vital spirit on ebay for only $29! Can't wait to get it and see how far I can mod it..