leadlight?

Kenom

Enlightened
has anyone experienced a brand new leadlight from vital spirit with flickering power levels on brand new batteries? it starts out at bright the first tenth of a second then dims like it was low on batteries. I know it's not the batteries that are low as I've changed them out to other batteries fresh from the store and duracell to boot. I really don't want to change out this on warranty as I'm missing playing with a greenie since I've apparently fried my old laser.

picrthis

Enlightened
Kenom said:
has anyone experienced a brand new leadlight from vital spirit with flickering power levels on brand new batteries? it starts out at bright the first tenth of a second then dims like it was low on batteries. I know it's not the batteries that are low as I've changed them out to other batteries fresh from the store and duracell to boot. I really don't want to change out this on warranty as I'm missing playing with a greenie since I've apparently fried my old laser.

I have a couple of those from him, good units. You'll have to RMA it if your having problems, can't see why you would not want to; better than being stuck with a bad unit.

Corona

Enlightened
There are several threads about this on the forum

Very common on over tweaked greenies and in fact many (probably most) greenies exhibit this sooner or later.

You might be able to "fix" it by realigning the diode (turn DOWN the current, loosen the ring and rotate the diode, tune for maximum output at minimum current)

Kenom

Enlightened
problem solved. it was a bad pot. just the slightest movement caused it to have a bad connection. Once I did the pot mod it worked beautifully with a clear solid beam.

Next question being what is the easiest way to make a power meter for this now. I've got some instructions that show using a green led with an ammeter connected to it and using a simple formula will calculate the mw a laser is putting out.

How accurate is this? does it depend on the style of led? where do I buy a small ammeter for cheap that will read that low of amperage?