Leatherman Juice: does it has a locking blade and tools?

stockae92

Enlightened
Does Leatherman Juice has a locking blade and tools?

How are they being locked?

I was going for the skeletool, but looks like Juice pack more tools, lighter, and have the same size of the blade (maybe pliers too).

o0o

Enlightened

Yep.

Personally, I feel a Juice with locking blades would be an ideal backup EDC, and a huge seller. However, Leatherman has written me that they have no plans to add locks to the Juice.

zenlunatic

Newly Enlightened
The juice has pretty strong slipjoints. I would go with the Juice and a folder over the skeletool. The only reason I haven't sold my skeletool is because it fits in my maxped EDC organizer for the purpose of driving bits, but I have considered selling it.

mutineer

Newly Enlightened
No lock but you can close the tool with the blade out and at least get a little more protection

peterxyz

Newly Enlightened
No lock but you can close the tool with the blade out and at least get a little more protection

It works the other way - these are outside opening, so unlike (say the SOG Pocket Plier) the blade can still close.

The Pocket Plier's knife is on the inside so that it is more hassle to open it, but once you open it (and bring the handles back together again) then it is difficult for the blade to close on your fingers as the other handle is in the way.
On the whole I prefer the outside tools like the Juice, but this is one advantage of the other style (inside opening?)

Peter