LED buck drivers - thread list?

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi - there use to be some threads or locations that had a list of drivers for LEDs. Did some searching but cannot find it.

Anyone able to point me toward the info ?

I am aware of taskled, ledsupply and a few others but just trying to find some more info / videos or similar on the use and soldering.

It has been a while and I just need to do some reading to refresh myself on the topic.

Thanks

Harry

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the suggestion.

This project does not fit neatly into any of the site's categories so I posted the question here as it has the most info about driver electronics. It is really for a disaster relief application that I am helping with and the use of LEDs is sort of just for some incidental lighting. It is powered by a fairly healthy 24 volt battery pack, solar, etc.

Only want on / off. No end user ability to dim or change anything. The less software, the better as it just confuses people when in high stress conditions.

LED string Vf will be between 12 and 20 volts - depending on some configuration details TBD.

The taskled CCW is pretty close to what I need - perhaps more power output that is needed. I am just trying to avoid the effort of build and package it up for water resistance. Only need about 100 ma so might need to find a simple way / lazy way to reduce the output. I could not find any YT videos on George's stuff but can figure it out.

I have also used these buck pucks before on some projects.

Either one can work well enough, just was trying to look further to see what is out there.

If I could find something that also worked with 48 volt battery packs ( which can reach 60 volts during charging) that would be optimal but not a requirement for this particular project. I build more 48 volt stuff than 24 volt but this is a reduced size / reduced capability setup. ( roughly 1 kW class of 120 vac power ).

The lighting portion is just a few watts, very dispersed / not even any optics.

Appreciate your thoughts on it all.

IIRC there was a wiki or similar at one time with a list of drivers? Or a thread?

Last edited: