Led Lenser P7 or equivelent

Egsise

Banned
:welcome:
On what purpose you intend to use your flaslight?
You already bought LL Hocus Fokus, it is nowhere near waterproof so you need a flaslight for indoors use only?

drillbritz2ov

Newly Enlightened
hello i myself use a led lenser p7 and a fenix pd 20 on a daily basis and can say the led lenser gets more of a using than the fenix due do its better optics i find that i get about 2 hrs run time before the batts are dead. Im using nimh rechargeables and dont get any problems with overheating due to extended use on high but i do like the fenix its my edc always in my pocket and gets used for everything else the led lenser doesnt ,i love em both but that might change when i finish my 2d rop maglite project .lol cliff

will621

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the responses. The hocus will probably be for indoor general purpose, in my suitcase,truck putting the garbage out etc. The P7 or something in the 250 lumens range will be for fishing, deer hunting, duck hunting, riding the utv and other outdoor activities.

Small lightweight powerfull and waterproof would be my requirements but I like the optics and focus of the p7 - wish it was 250 lumens.

Any ideas? Olight M20 Warrior or P7 or something else.

Will

Egsise

Banned
Well LL P7 literally sucks, try switching it from wide to narrow beam and any moisture/crap near the heads ventilation(?) holes gets sucked in.
I would not recommend it for outdoors.
M20 is quite good. Also Fenix TK20 is quite nice for outdoors, mostly because it has led with warmer tint. TK20 has only 152 lumens, and it uses 2xAA, good for backup?
Comparison shots in here.

will621

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Egsise, the pics are amazing and helpful. The Q2 led I guess gives you the warmer light and the colour is not washed out.

Doing further research (this is fun) and decided I need something in the 250 lumens class so looking at Olight M20 and the Fenix TK11 R2. About the same size, both 2 cr123a or 1 18650, both Cree R2.

M20 is 3 position 7, 90, 250 lumens while the Fenix is 2 position 64, 240 lumens. Fenix costs $15 less which makes me lean to M20 (must br better) and I like the 2 reflector option as well as olive drab option. But maybe I'm missing something.

When the flashlight decision is made I'll have to decide on batteries. Rechargeable or non --123A or 18650 --lithium or Nimh. I'm leaning towards non rechargeable since this is not everyday use and I understand rechargeables will lose power sitting.

Maybe these descisions are a no-brainer, I don't know enough yet.lovecpf

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just cant help but laugh at myself for reading four pages of discussion about a light called the p7 that is put out at a time we all covet the p7 bulb and this light doesn't even have one. is anyone else a little put off by the name? i mean its kind of like kia putting out a model called the corvette and it has an inline 3cylinder.

Yes, the irony of the situation has occured to me! I can't vouch for the merits of the series Led Lenser P1 through P6, but the P7 is an absolute scorcher!

A bit chunky so not an EDC but great for any exterior nighttime pursuit, or even a bit of caving to boot. The flood is great and very useful at both levels and the throw tears strips off my TK11 ( Q5 ) and only out done by bigger lights like my mag mods. But then I don't have a lot of bright large lights!!

drillbritz2ov

Newly Enlightened
hello again a new twist on the led lenser p 7 you said you wish it was brighter how about this then . The led lenser p 7 has a bigger brother the p 14 ,same format except it uses 4aa batts instead of 4aaa batts so more light and more runtime not got one myself but my friend has and it blows the p 7 away with its extra throw and brightness , its a little chunkier due to using bigger batts but not by much .just a thought .lol cliff

will621

Newly Enlightened
Thanks drillbritz2ov. the P14 is a good alternative but it's about 50% larger and doesn't have the focus capability that seems to be the main advantage of most of the led lensers. I'm thinkin' power and small.

Will