LED off road lights to replace my KC Daylighters?

Tmg

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone used the cheap ebay knock offs for the rigid light bars?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
OOPs, didn't no they were sealed beamers. Didn't know KC still sold sealed beam units.
KC sold a lot of lights and the ones I had were pretty sturdy so it would not surprise me that a lot of the sealed beam light are still out there burning up the night.

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
Since we're talking offroad, it doesn't have to be a highway legal headlight or driving light.

My 2000 Crown Vic is a former cop car. The spotlights use the H7680X bulb. That uses HIR technology, to give more light output from 80 watts than the traditional (or used to be a traditional "upgrade" in the past) #4537 100 watt landing light, yet it has a 300 hour life, as opposed to 25 for the landing light. For a "quick fix," you might try a pair of the H7680X bulbs, taking you from 300 watts drain to 160 watts, and giving a nice long life. There's also the H7680 bulb: it has a bit more output than the H7680X (275K cp vs 230K cp), costs more and has a much shorter life.

A source: http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com/lamph7680x.html

Not long ago, at work, I replaced the bad bulb on a Q-Beam handheld spot with the H7680X bulb. It does have a convex face, but that was no problem. Brinkmann wanted more for the short-lived Q-Beam bulb, and the H7680X made better light for less power drain. We sometimes use these lights with a portable battery, so I appreciated the efficiency.

I live in wet country, and my vehicles usually sit outside. Therefore, I appreciate real glass sealed beams, particularly on trucks that sit a lot and only get used offroad now and then.

Last edited:

Hilldweller

Enlightened
I had a pair of Truck-lite 10" LED spots and 4" LED floods on the front of my Jeep along with JW Speaker #8700 LED headlights.
It was a wonder to behold all of them on at once...

TruckLiteDrivingLites010.jpg

BlindedByTheLight.jpg