LED pistol light recommendation?

JonnyC

Newly Enlightened
OT, but another +1 for the M&P. Had the XD9, sold it for a M&P 40c. Ergonomics are so much better.

stockae92

Enlightened
LOL, you guys are not making it any easier :p

i was leaning more towards the M&P, then find out i don't really like the jointed polymer trigger (but i like rest of the package)

and then i thought i wanted the XD 9 ... until i started thinking the GLOCK 19 compact isn't all that bad either with the smaller size and 4" barrel. the accessories and mags are cheaper on GLOCKs, the ability to (potentially) use the mags from 17 or even 18 (shouldn't really matter cause CA is a "10 rd mag" State, but its a nice to know that it can be done), there are endless accessories options, and its simple with proved reliability.

... i feel like i am back to square one

but for the light, i think i am going with TLR-1, so pretty much same job, being reliable and at a lower price :)

HIDblue

Enlightened
SureFire X300 with a SureFire DG-11 Grip Switch...it's an expensive set up, but well worth it IMHO. Rock solid, great beam and the grip switch allows you to activate the light without having to shift your grip. Downside is that you can tend to back light yourself if you grip the DG switch too tight when drawing the pistol.

I've tried the TLR-1 as well and it's a great light, especially at that price point. You can't go wrong with either.

Just make sure you take whatever pistol + light combo you choose to your local range and put a lot of rounds down range to make sure that your new light is compatible with your pistol.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems leaving your pistol on the roof of your car and then having it ran over by a fully loaded coal truck going 65 is bad for it. (I found the pieces for him and he's never living it down hahaha)

Was the car under the gun while it was being abused by the coal truck? :devil:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok just looked at the TLR-1 and I like what I see but I have a question/s. What does this mean ? "Locating Keys, 69150"

Can I use it with RCR's or it has to be primaries and if I use it with rechargeable, will there be a difference in the 160 lumen output that they claim?

Does it come with the tactical switch or not? I found it with the rail for $130 bucks. Seems like a good price to me.

I'll check what kind of holster he has. Is this supposed to fit in a standard holster or..?

By the way, I love how they cost more used or refurbed that new on amazon and other places :)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00488YE6G/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Thanks for the help so far

George

bnemmie

Enlightened
My old X200 has had a lot of range time and I've been very happy with it. If I were to buy a new light I would try the X300. Mainly because the X200 hasn't ever let me down. I would like to think that the X300 would be of the same build quality, only brighter, but you never know anymore lol