LED's glow when off

Apollo Cree

Enlightened
If you know what you're doing, it would be really interesting to measure the current flowing through the LED, but be careful. Most people don't know how to use an ammeter without a risk of arcing and sparking, to say nothing of electrocution.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
sounds believable, about 2 wires making up a capacitor,
many years ago i tried using existing cable (3 twisted pairs, security cable) in my apartment to send 2 separate video signals 25feet away, switch box was at the end of the run, right by tv, what happened was, when i switched to one source, i had second one was showing very faint in the background, even thou the wires had thick insulation, signal mixed up, i fixed the problem by moving switch box to the sources, this way only 1 signal was flowing thru the wire at any given time.

akitayahoo

Newly Enlightened
interesting...stumbled on this forum this morning via google. while i understand what most of you are hypothesizing, my led retrofit lights glow even after being unscrewed from the fixture and set on the table. my inclination is to believe that there is some sort of capacitor built into the unit, but haven't seen one. maybe it is nothing more than residual energy within the elements used to produce light in the same manner that 'glowing' stickers store energy on children's toys.