Lenses for a Seoul P7?

leew

Newly Enlightened
I'm quite new to LEDS, I have bought a few luxeons to play, some amber Luxeon III's with 1400ma drivers which I am going to use as turn signals and some cyan 1w luxeons which I am going to position pointing down at the road. My power source is a 14.8v battery.
I'm thinking of building a new bike headlight too. I like the look of the Seoul P7 LED but cannot seem to see any optics/lenses for it. It is my understanding that the P7 is larger than most other LEDS and thus lenses made for luxeon etc won't fit.
I'm considering maybe using two P7s, driven with separate 1400ma drivers and dimmers, one with a 15 degree beam and one with a 5 degree beam allowing me to use the dimmers to customize the beam to the type of riding.

mpk

Newly Enlightened
some cyan 1w luxeons which I am going to position pointing down at the road
Careful, cyan might be too close to blue.

If you are in the U.S., blue light is an illegal color on a moving vehicle, and the cops won't overlook the violation. The color is reserved for ambulances and other emergency vehicles.

marschw

Newly Enlightened
first class a photoelectron
set the trend(be in the van) of the new era
The slogan on the cover page of that lens manufacturer. :duh2:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Careful, cyan might be too close to blue.

If you are in the U.S., blue light is an illegal color on a moving vehicle, and the cops won't overlook the violation. The color is reserved for ambulances and other emergency vehicles.

true, in fact any light other than white and yellow are restricted. you haev to make sure that no light otehr than white or yellow can be seen front anywhere in front of the moving vehicle.

Last edited: