LETAHERMAN WAVE REVIEW : gr8..then CRAP.. THEN ULTRA AWESOME 5 STARS

donjuan

Newly Enlightened
After reading most of the reviews on Amazon and EDC websites and others I finaly took a plunge to buy a Leatherman. Had read about the exceptional Quality and Service.

A friend Coming from the US bought this from me and gave this to me in India.

1st opinion the tool is well made like a tank and is very tight. With in a 3-4 days I ha nearly no nails left it took a gigantic toll on my nails as the Torx Screw were really tight.

Note- Incase they are very tight for you, use a security torx screw bit T10 to loosen it. A 180 degree spin should do the trick and spray it with WD40 overnight all over the joints. Should help smoothen out and protect the tool.

The about a week later while driving to the hills I met with car accident and had for few minutes had no idea what just happened and was later struggling to get out of the seat belt, few moments later I realized a I have a multitool, so I cut the seats belts smashed the side window with the tool to get out, helped the other car fellow with this tool to get the cars up and running.
So that day the tool helped save my butt. Later I realized due to severity of the abuse I put it through smashing window and the bumper to get the cars up and running the tool had jammed up and would not open.

Major disappointment I know only 9 days and the tool goes down, no fault of its may be just the abuse was too brutal.
So Now thinking $60 piece of paper weight was not too happy with the idea, as I had purchased it from the US and I was in India.
So decided to write to leatherman, they replied back within a day to give this to their Indian distributor Young India in Delhi who would in turn send this to the south of the country in Chennai for review. So on Monday I decided to give the tool fr replacement, thinking that it would be 2-3 weeks before something happens.
But to my surprise just three business days later on Thursday they replied back saying they would send a brand new replacement for me, and they actually shipped it the very next day on Friday.
So within 4 business day they manged to get the tool from delhi to Chennai then take a approval from leatherman for replacement and also shipout the tool to me all this in just 4 days, I was just amazed. For the first time in my life in 28 years I have seen such an efficient, quick hassle free service. And on Monday I had the tool with me brand new sealed back box and to my surprise what I see is the trouble I went through they gave me a extra sheath as well the packing a had a premium leather nylon sheath. Now that's amazing a, that's customer service.

NOW ABOUT THE TOOL

• Knifes damn sharp cut my finger took 30mins to stop bleeding,2 weeks to completely heal.
  • Bottle opens works really nice did open a few beer bottles.
  • Serrated edge knife cut through the seat belt like a charm
  • Needle nose pliers works well even as hammer for breaking windows.
  • Spectacle scre drivers to tighten the screw works as Advertised.
  • Bit screws and flat head works perfectly.

Now the SHEATH

Since I have two its easy to differentiate, I like the nylon one best as its more flexible and nice.
The nylon leather one is little more hard to handle as the leather is thick and has button to close on top instead of the Velcro. Both the sheaths can take the tool opened and it can be kept with pliers facing down.
The leather one is just a little bulky but could serve a better purpose when there is very rough handling may be a long trip to the woods. In the city on daily basis I guess I favor the nylon one its spacious to accommodate a set of extra bits from the leather bits which can be ordered separately and its compact as well.

SO my total experience with leather has been just super due to the service the quality and it saving my butt.

SPL thanks to these Guys

Leatherman- Toni and Patricia(International Warrnty Incharge) they were quick enough to reply and get this sorted in less than 3 business days, there customer service at leatherman is top notch better than an gadget or service or merchandise company.
5 Stars to you both and an awesome commendable job.

Young India/Focus – My first contact for leatherman was Atul, was very nice to give more detail about leatherman and take out time to get this sorted and get the tool to Chennai in no time.
Also showed me more tools alike Super tool and Mut.
After speaking to him and getting this king of customer service I have decided to but these following things from leatherman ( This Is only becoz I am impressed with the kind of Quality , Customer Service and Commitment you guys at leatherman have and ur support team in India has displayed the the service they Give.)
And while checking the tool I cut my finger and till today its is still healing, that shows the sharpness and Quality of the product.

Vijay- At Chennai he would be the guy holding the fort for leatherman getting the customers happy and the service displayed cannot be found here in India I am just stunned. Awesome Job.

I just cant tell how pleased I am.I only have to say "THANK YOU BOTH" 10/10 on the score card.

THANK YOU LEATHERMAN

P.S- Ordered the leatherman bits set for the wave , that's on its way soon will get the Squirt PS4.Also will add some Pics later in the day.

Hope this help u guys…..

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good story. I don't own a Wave, although I have several other Leatherman multitools.

Thanks for posting.

donjuan

Newly Enlightened
I have now ordered the BIT kit set for WAVE and contemplating to bu a a skeletool or spend the money buying a a surge or a leatherman knife.